What boots do you ride in?

Cruizin

TCX X Wrap Waterproof - they look like sneakers and I can wear them in the office and not too many people notice.  But this forum is deadly to my wallet -  those SIDI Goretex Canyons look like what I want for a long ride in the twisties...
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Astar WP Scouts, dry and comfy, good protection on the road, Gaerne SG10 for the dirt.  Just picked up a pair of Combat Lites, I can't stop trying new stuff, would love to try the Canyons next, wife just shakes her head...
2015 FJ-09
2009 WR250R
1989 HawkGT

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Mostly ride in Tourmaster Solution Air boots. I'm cursed with EEE sized feet and it's hard finding MC boots in those widths.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
I'm wearing Aerostich Combat Touring Boots. Great on the bike, and they don't leak a drop. Kinda crappy to walk around in, though.

I wore Rockys for years, they are great boots. Sure, they're not motorcycle specific but they're not exactly patent-leather wingtips, either. Before that I wore Navy flight deck boots, back when they were all-leather. I crashed a couple times in them, including one 80mph low-side. The boots protected my feet and ankles just fine.

Does anyone have issues with clearance for the shift lever? I like wearing large MX type boots (protection and comfort) compared to more sport styled but I've had issues with shifting on some bikes. I sat on the FJ a while ago and it seemed a bit tight.

Does anyone have issues with clearance for the shift lever? I like wearing large MX type boots (protection and comfort) compared to more sport styled but I've had issues with shifting on some bikes. I sat on the FJ a while ago and it seemed a bit tight.
I raised the shift lever and it is fine now.

Alpinestars web goretex for the past 90 000+ kms (yes, they are tough). Great boots overall, only one issue: they won't save you from a gas puddle (not sure of the english word here, but you'll understand: the ***** slippery things you find in every single gas station)

• Premium Member
Alpinestars web goretex for the past 90 000+ kms (yes, they are tough). Great boots overall, only one issue: they won't save you from a gas puddle (not sure of the english word here, but you'll understand: the ***** slippery things you find in every single gas station)
fuel spill, usually diesel/gazole as petrol/essence (gas in US) evaporates 
fortunately these spills are fairly rare in the UK. I'd like to think it is because the British motorist is more considerate but I guess it is purely economic as diesel is more expensive than petrol in the UK so people try very hard not to spill it. Current price is about £1.20 or 1.63 euros per litre.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

UPS delivered a new set of A Stars Scout WPs.  Since it's been raining for five solid days and nights might as well go test 'em.  Drawback to TCX X Rap WP shoes is that they are just over the ankle, so soggy pant legs drain into them. Won't hold their shortcomings against them, just plan for taller boots in downpours.  

The AStars required me to raise my shift lever to the top (size 47 EU) and they touch pavement a little quicker than the smaller TCX shoes. Not too hot and will keep out the weather. Still in break in phase. 
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• 3 weeks later...
After melting a chunk of the right heel off my Australian Rossi boots on an exhaust during a 600km day,
I now normally ride in a pair of RJays Highway boots .

For variety and rides around town, I have just received a pair of brown Italian Falco Volts.
They're short and suitable to wear under jeans, and are reasonably comfortable to walk in.

I grabbed these for a great price on ebay from a Spanish company in Madrid.
10 days from Spain to Australia (Madrid-Liege-Dubai-Singapore-Brisbane, fun to watch the tracking)

The buckle has a ratchet for fine adjustment, and the flap is velcro. No laces to catch on levers !
Good malleolus protection, we'll see how well they hold up after some more wear.

FalcoVoltBoots1_zpsegjdiu2p.jpg

FalcoVoltBoots3_zpsftnqjl0p.jpgFalcoVoltBoots2_zpsqyppbjjp.jpg

I've had a pair of Sidi On Road GoreTex boots that worked well but have since replaced them with Dainese TRQ GoreTex boots. The TRQs are designed more like a race boot and thus have better protection and ankle flex. Love the GoreTex as it is not too hot in summer but keeps the boots water proof and provides a wind barrier in cold weather. I find heavy off road type boots limit dexterity which I don't like. These fit small so it is desirable to order one size larger than your foot size. Dainese's size 10 US fits my size 9 foot perfectly.

• Thumbsup 1

I have a pair of Aerostich Touring Lite's -- heavy, needs serious break-in time, can barely shift; a pair of Sidi Black Rain and recently Dainese Latitour GoreTex. The Dainese were basically ready to go out the box and what I ride with now. Mid height so easy to shift with, good for walking around and comparatively light weight. Need to sell the other two.

If I didn't go with those I would look at the TRQ -Tour. Those are comfortable and have more adjustability.

Guest branthopolis
Tour Master Solution 2.0 WP... Very reasonably priced and they come in wide sizes.. Grippy sole, very comfortable, and feet have stayed dry in some pretty crazy rain.

I needed something to ride and that I could stand and walk all day while standing on a parking lot for 8 hours (motorcycle instructor). I found the Sidi Dohar very comfortable http://www.sidisport.com/eng/scheda.php?macro=2&id=44&lng_riv=

When I expect rain, I simply add a pair of these : http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/socks/thin-mid-length-sock. Wore those while ice climbing and I was the only one with dry feet in the group.

I also have a stiffer older pair of low profile Sidi's I like but I have wide feet and they get uncomfortable on long rides.