Age demographic for the Tracer and its namesakes.

Age demographic for this machine.  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What age group do you fall into?

• <20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • >80
    • 50-60

7 hours ago, DavidS said:

I had to enter my age quick, before I turn 60 in July.......

Don’t panic, you still have some time left…

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, Zach26 said:

31 here. Bought my 2017 new at 29 years old. Now I feel very young 😆. Anyone on here younger than me?

According to the poll at the top of the post you are joining the ranks of the oldies. 😉  There's at least 5 people that are younger than you here (20-30) - that have polled.

Looking at this poll it's apparent that the vast majority, again who have polled, are between 50-70.  I know it's not a very scientific snapshot as there are all sorts of factors that come into play with doing these things but it's interesting.

The age demographic doesn't really surprise me for this machine.  More upright sitting position, touring capabilities, able to take two, lightweight, etc.

42 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

According to the poll at the top of the post you are joining the ranks of the oldies. 😉  There's at least 5 people that are younger than you here (20-30) - that have polled.

Looking at this poll it's apparent that the vast majority, again who have polled, are between 50-70.  I know it's not a very scientific snapshot as there are all sorts of factors that come into play with doing these things but it's interesting.

The age demographic doesn't really surprise me for this machine.  More upright sitting position, touring capabilities, able to take two, lightweight, etc.

Haha for some reason, while typing my reply I was thinking it was the 20-30 group that hadn't had anyone yet, not the <20 group. I guess I'm just an old man in a young body lol. I always felt that way with the Harley too. I bought that at 23 years old. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 6/11/2021 at 7:45 PM, Zach26 said:

31 here. Bought my 2017 new at 29 years old. Now I feel very young 😆. Anyone on here younger than me?

29 turning 30 in Sept, bought my 2015 FJ-09 at 24 in 2016.

3 years ago I had a S10, lovely bike to ride, too bloody heavy to push around! Tracer GT lighter and faster and that sound😁

I think a lot of 60 plus guys think big bikes are too much to physically handle and modern smaller bikes have more than enough power.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, KillEmAll4u said:

I wonder how many of you in my age group (50-60) own ebikes as well? I just bought my first mountain bike ebike and I'm on it more than my tracer right now. Lol

Funny you should say that as the wife and I are considering getting a couple as an 'aid' to some of our walking/hiking trips.

What to buy and what to avoid are the next steps.

I like the idea of this poll but I suspect the numbers are skewed a bit towards to the older crowd since the 45 and up crowd are more likely to be members of an internet forum like this, where we can vote in said poll.   The younger crowd are more likely to be on Reddit or Discord and the like...

• Premium Member
On 6/4/2021 at 6:06 PM, PeterL said:

I am 66. And I will stop riding when they pry the Power Commander from my cold dead hands...

Seriously, I started on 2 wheels when I was 11, and there hasn't been any point between then and now I've not had at least one bike on hand. I'm into the 'downsizing due to losing muscle mass' part of the exercise now, having traded my C14 for the Tracer GT. The Yamaha is a lot of fun (it'll be even better after I get the Ohlins installed), but I sure do miss that 1400cc mill in the Kawi at times.  I know at some point I'll have to give up riding/driving, but it ain't yet!

Ride safe y'all

I used About the same line  With my betrothed before we got married 40 plus years ago though slightly different.

I'll stop riding when they uncurl my cold lifeless fingers off the hand grips

Stole that from an NRA slogan