• Premium Member

Mostly I use E0 91 for well over half my mileage

I did install my Givi Tour barndoor winter shield before my last ride, which is a huge drag.  This ride, albeit only 62 miles of the 148, I also added my hand guard over muffs.  The temperature has been a lot lower too.

• 6 months later...

2020 T900gt.

I've been wondering where best to vent these observations, probably already covered elsewhere herein.

The way gas pumps are designed where I am in MO-- we have no vapor recovery accordion tubing being considered rural-- the difference between the point where they auto-shutoff and after I pull the schnozzle out then eyeball the fuel level until I reach the bottom of the filler tube inside the tank is approx. 1.25gal U.S..

MPG last fillup tank, 133.7miles on trip ODO / 2.8gal U.S. (reported by pump) = 47.75gal U.S.

dashboard reported 'fuel con' = 2.6gal and 'fuel avg' = 50.6

dividing trip ODO by 'fuel con' numbers from dashboard = 51.4

average of all those= 49.9 which i consider fine for this much get-up+go

• Thumbsup 1

I like my MadStad windscreen, my 2nd. Into a strong wind it really knocks down mpg, bike loaded (expected) or not. I use the mpg display as directional for economy and start looking for fuel at 150 miles or so. If .75 mpg on a tank is gonna hurt my wallet I have bigger problems and should probably stay home. My $.02.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I'm confused by both of you in regard to your intent and what you are trying to convey.

All I know is on my Fastest Red 15 with my Givi tour screen, KTM handguards, Give case guards with their driving lights and my relatively large size, I'm happy to realize 39 mpg actual versus 43 or 43 on the screen's av mpg.  I also use the con fuel readout to keep my wrist in check.  I start looking for gas at 170 miles or less and start calculating using Waze to the station but the fuel gauge drops the first bar at around 100 miles regardless how I ride, and the last bar can start flashing slowly with the count up ODO doing its thing as early as 150 miles.  If I take it easy, I can managed 184 miles with .4 or so gallons left in the tank.  Whether I can use those .4 gallons is another thing.  If the last bar starts flashing fast, you are in deep doodoo.

E0 91 RON and E10 87 does not seem to significantly effect mileage or performance unless ambient temps get above 85 or so.

• Premium Member

I get 45-47 mpg with my Tracer 900 GT consistently, I think I was about  the same with my FJ09, but that was a long time ago, and my memory isn't that good, so who knows........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

2019 Niken GT averaging 46mph over first 3850 miles on bike using mode 2 and TC2. Maybe 150miles of that had a pillion with no luggage. Ethonol free fuel only.

For the last 1000km (just over 600US miles) dashboard is showing 4l/100km which comes to almost 59 US MPG. But it’s to optimistic. In reality it is more like 4.3l/100km which translates to just below 55 US MPG. That’s stock bike. Riding mostly backroads. 50/50 A and standard mode.

I run very consistently 5.2l/100km, so around 45mph reported.  Probably a little less; I'd assume 42-43mpg which aligns with a lot of other posts here.  I ride like an utter asshole most of the time, but admittedly I tend to do predominately highway miles - there's no stop and go traffic for me, so despite always accelerating very hard, the majority of my riding is done at constant speed. 

With that said, I'm able to ride and keep it in the 4.5l/100km range if I just accelerate like a car and do the speed limit, I just don't want to. I've had it as low as 4.2l/100km reported when experimenting with hypermiling for lols.  I don't doubt @Rick123, with the right habits and riding environment that's entirely obtainable. 

But that said, gas is (even at current prices) very cheap relative to everything else I spend on my bike and I'm not willing to compromise the fun I have to save a dollar at the pump.  I'll pay the extra couple dollars and keep being a hooligan :)

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I'll pay the extra couple dollars and keep being a hooligan :)

Then you’ve come to the right place!  This is a judgement-free zone.  

Except for beaks.  Beaks we judge…  😀

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

But that said, gas is (even at current prices) very cheap relative to everything else I spend on my bike and I'm not willing to compromise the fun I have to save a dollar at the pump.  I'll pay the extra couple dollars and keep being a hooligan :)

I agree 100%!  Last year while on a road trip gas prices were through the roof, even more so in California where some remote areas were over $8 a gallon for premium. However it was one of my favorite road trips (Mt Shasta, Lake Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Death Valley, Kern River Canyon, Pacific Coast Highway, Yosemite, The Redwoods) and I wouldn't have changed a thing, I had no regrets spending that much money for the experience and lifelong memories.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Then you’ve come to the right place!  This is a judgement-free zone.  

Except for beaks.  Beaks we judge…  😀

LOL

I HATE beaks!

But once in a while I'll cheat and use a lower grade to top off a half a tank of ninety one

E zero is like hen teeth Here

The closest e zero is up in Is cheeseheadland.

But that's OK because that's where I'll head for most rides as quickly as possible. To what would be in Colorado pathetic twisties.