• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The NT1100 IS COMING THE 21ST!!!

2and3cylinders

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

It will be a WINNER particularly with DCT!

The next T9 will need to become a T11.

I bet the NT1100 will be about the same price as the T9GT + 1.2K

I think the NT1100 might cost a little more than that, the top spec Africa Twin Adventure Sport with ES and DCT is $18K.  Since it is a Honda, there will more than likely be a price premium and some parts sold as "optional accessories" like handguards, center stand, side bags etc. though I hope I am wrong.

Add me to the list as someone who is excited to see the official reveal of this bike with details on all of the features.  I have been considering keeping the FJ for sportier riding and in a year or 2 adding a longer distance ride that isn't a barge like the FJR, Goldwing or C14.  I am keeping my eyes open and following ALL new releases from every manufacturer. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

About 100 lbs heavier and 12 hp less than my trusty FJ.

Seems like those specs are heading in the wrong direction.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Haha 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, nhchris said:

About 100 lbs heavier and 12 hp less than my trusty FJ.

Seems like those specs are heading in the wrong direction.

I think if you look at some of the sport touring or adventure touring bikes that are currently available, the wet weight of the NT1100 is very average.

Africa Twin manual/DCT - 498lbs/ 533lbs

Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT - 500 lbs

Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX - 516lbs

NT1100 manual/DCT - 524lbs/ 547lbs

BMW R1250 RS - 536lbs

Kawasaki Versys SE LT+ - 566lbs

Yamaha Super Tenere - 575lbs

BMW R1250 GS - 591 lbs

BMW R1250 RT - 615 lbs

• Sad 1

I am excited to see the bike, mainly because I am really liking to see a resurgence of interest in Sport Touring bikes that all but disappeared for a few years there.   I am guessing it will look nice as well.   DCT - not interested, and yes the bikes are all going to get heavier again ( I was impressed the T9 got lighter for its specs!), especially with the heavy DCT.

I've thought a bunch about the power of the CP3 plant (in my '19), and yes at times I would LOVE more go fast mojo....  but I also think its kept me from doing some real stupid things :)   the CP3 is just a great all around engine,  I ride with people on 1200cc plants, and yeah they just always have a TON of grunt anywhere, where I need to be in the right gear.    But overall, this bike should be very nice bike (I almost bought an AT before I decided on the Tracer).

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

The next T9 will need to become a T11.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Tracer offered in several different displacements, just like Kawasaki offers the Versys in 300/650/1000cc or Yamaha's MT offered in 300/700/900/1000cc.  A full featured 1100cc Tracer GT to replace the well-aged FJR1300 would be a nice option.

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

I am excited to see the bike, mainly because I am really liking to see a resurgence of interest in Sport Touring bikes that all but disappeared for a few years there. 

This.  100% this. 

It's so refreshing to see bikes that a lot of us will actually use and enjoy in the real world, over multiple years of ownership.  It all comes full circle, eventually...   

• Thumbsup 5

31 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

This.  100% this. 

It's so refreshing to see bikes that a lot of us with actually use and enjoy in the real world, over multiple years of ownership.  It all comes full circle, eventually...   

Totally agree with you both.

The new Suzuki 1000 GT as well.

It's good to have choices!

Rob

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Clegg78 said:

I am excited to see the bike, mainly because I am really liking to see a resurgence of interest in Sport Touring bikes that all but disappeared for a few years there.   I am guessing it will look nice as well.   DCT - not interested, and yes the bikes are all going to get heavier again ( I was impressed the T9 got lighter for its specs!), especially with the heavy DCT.

I've thought a bunch about the power of the CP3 plant (in my '19), and yes at times I would LOVE more go fast mojo....  but I also think its kept me from doing some real stupid things :)   the CP3 is just a great all around engine,  I ride with people on 1200cc plants, and yeah they just always have a TON of grunt anywhere, where I need to be in the right gear.    But overall, this bike should be very nice bike (I almost bought an AT before I decided on the Tracer).

18 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

This.  100% this. 

It's so refreshing to see bikes that a lot of us with actually use and enjoy in the real world, over multiple years of ownership.  It all comes full circle, eventually...   

I am with you both 100%.  I already have the FJ for sport riding, it offers the same hooliganism as the MT09 but with ergonomics that agree with my knees and hips.  I foresee the NT1100 being more sport TOURING than the Tracer GT and I am fine with that. 

Earlier this year I spent an entire day riding an Africa Twin in the twisties and I was holding my own right behind my buddy who was on my FJ, of course I had to use a lower gear than I would on my bike but then again my FJ doesn't have stock gearing and accelerates quicker.

Myself and other family members have previously owned or currently own Honda cars and motorcycles and all of them have been high quality and very enjoyable to own and drive.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, rlambke19 said:

Especially automatic parallel twins. 😉

Assuming of course Honda offer it with DCT.

I have yet to try the DCT but am very curious.  Just like the Niken, A LOT of motorcyclists brushed it off (myself included)... until they rode one.  I admit I was VERY impressed.  I have read many bike reviews on different DCT models and journalists admitting that going into the test ride that they wanted to hate it but after awhile had a different opinion, especially since it can me over ridden at any point and operated manually with the left hand +/- shift buttons.  Its not a selling point for me but I definitely want a test ride to see what its all about.

• Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, betoney said:

I have yet to try the DCT but am very curious.  Just like the Niken, A LOT of motorcyclists brushed it off (myself included)... until they rode one.  I admit I was VERY impressed.  I have read many bike reviews on different DCT models and journalists admitting that going into the test ride that they wanted to hate it but after awhile had a different opinion, especially since it can me over ridden at any point and operated manually with the left hand +/- shift buttons.  Its not a selling point for me but I definitely want a test ride to see what its all about.

That's totally fair.

I will say that I enjoy manually shifting so much that I disabled my quick shifter on my bike as soon as I got it.

I have since re-enabled the downshift portion, but not a fan of the upshift feature. I still use my clutch most of the time.

<shrug>

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

That's totally fair.

I will say that I enjoy manually shifting so much that I disabled my quick shifter on my bike as soon as I got it.

I have since re-enabled the downshift portion, but not a fan of the upshift feature. I still use my clutch most of the time.

<shrug>

That's the beauty of variety and having options, just like pizza, you like sausage and onion and I like Hawaiian with pineapple and jalapenos...  in the end its still PIZZA. 👍 🍻

• Thumbsup 2