T32

cwjb

Has anyone worn out a set of the Bridgestone Battletour T32s on their 9gt yet. They get really good reviews and I was thinking of putting a set on my 2020. I'm wondering about mileage. Rocky mountain has a great price right now. Thanks 

• Supporting Member

I haven’t tried the T32’s but I have worn through several sets of the previous T31’s and they are a great tire. I have used them for long-distance touring as well as sport riding in the mountains and canyons and have occasionally been caught in heavy rain and they work phenomenally well in all conditions. The last few sets have been changed out at around 7500 miles.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I have a set on my FJ. About 300 miles on them. It’s the first pair of non-dunlops that’s been on her. They seem fine so far.
We put 32’s on my sons wee-strom and they performed great. I had about 5k miles on the them when the lady hit me and totaled the bike. They had plenty of tread left. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

I ran through a set of T32's.  They performed fine, where good in the rain, and lots cheaper than the Road 5's I normally run, but I found they wore quite badly, got much less mileage out of them than Road 5's as while tread depth wasn't used up, they squared off much faster on top (lots of long, straight roads to get to windy roads from here), and the sides cupped really badly.   Probably my fault, really, just pushing them harder than they're really intended to be pushed.  I'll go back to Road 5's, but the T32's are not a bad tire at all, and are a pretty good deal.

The dual compound R5's resist squaring better, and their tread profile tends to hold up to really aggressive riding better.   But, you pay for it: they're significantly more expensive.  If you can get good mileage out of the T32's, they're a damn good buy.

• Thumbsup 2

4 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

I ran through a set of T32's.  They performed fine, where good in the rain, and lots cheaper than the Road 5's I normally run, but I found they wore quite badly, got much less mileage out of them than Road 5's as while tread depth wasn't used up, they squared off much faster on top (lots of long, straight roads to get to windy roads from here), and the sides cupped really badly.   Probably my fault, really, just pushing them harder than they're really intended to be pushed.  I'll go back to Road 5's, but the T32's are not a bad tire at all, and are a pretty good deal.

The dual compound R5's resist squaring better, and their tread profile tends to hold up to really aggressive riding better.   But, you pay for it: they're significantly more expensive.  If you can get good mileage out of the T32's, they're a damn good buy.

May i check what tire pressures you normally run?

Currently on a set of RD5GTs. Considering the T32s next.

Thanks!

Edited by quaxum
  • Thumbsup 1

5 minutes ago, quaxum said:

May i check what tire pressures you normally run?

Currently on a set of RD5GTs. Considering the T32s next.

Thanks!

36/42.  I'm a big, heavy dude, and am pretty hard on the throttle basically all the time.

I've never run the Road 5 GT's, mind you, just regular Road 5's.  

• Thumbsup 2

I have ~ 2000 mi on my T32s, most of those miles with the bike fully loaded for touring.  Slight squaring but to be expected heavily loaded.  Great tire on cold wet surfaces, and zero issues just blasting corners on hot dry days. 

I didn’t find the T32 to be much cheaper than the road 5s but I like em.  Just the regular T32 not the ones meant for GT bikes. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

On my 15 with Razor R & springs n cartridges, loaded SH46 top case & my 250# and also lots of 80+ slab & rippin fast twisties I get 6~7k out of a rear & another grand+ up front, maybe better if I moderated.  Confident inspiring wet, hot cold & dry. 36/42 +/- less at cooler temps.

About $208 shipped after $50 rebate.  Can't beat the grins per mile per $ IMO

• Thumbsup 1

Thank you for all of the in depth replies. Sounds like I should give them a try. Always looking for a premium tire at a good price. Running roeadsmart 3s right now. Got about 4500 right now and might squeeze another 1k out of them. That's on the rear.  The front still looks pretty good. 

micah2074, Hope you made out better than the bike. 

Edited by cwjb
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, cwjb said:

Thank you for all of the in depth replies. Sounds like I should give them a try. Always looking for a premium tire at a good price. Running roeadsmart 3s right now. Got about 4500 right now and might squeeze another 1k out of them. That's on the rear.  The front still looks pretty good. 

micah2074, Hope you made out better than the bike. 

A little better. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon