Meanwhile, at BMW . . .

Kemp

At this point in motorcycle development there should be multi adjustable seats, foot pegs, and handlebars on most motorcycles from the factory.  After all, how long have cars/trucks had adjustable seats, steering wheels, and in some cases pedals?  I hate to spend extra $$$$ to replace a new seat, foot pegs, and/or a windshield on a brand new motorcycle.

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, micah2074 said:

Yeah, I’m still waiting on that everlasting chain. 

Right? Where did that go?    🤷‍♂️

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

You know what i'm waiting for, heat activated seat foam.  If you've ever had a pair of ski boots heat fitted, that's like the best thing since taco's.  I want a heat fitted foam seat.

• Thumbsup 3

All that adjustability comes with a cost likely higher than most of us will pay. But, the cost of an aftermarket more arse kind seat is high and lots of us pony up, not knowing for certain the new will help our discomfort. It's a dilemma for sure.

Interesting concept.  It won't come standard for sure 🙂  On my BMW the stock seat was better than the seat on my CBR600RR but even the comfort seat was not quite as good as the stock seat on the Tracer GT.  I've got an AirHawk but it still isn't perfect but do get 560 to 600 mile days in without too much difficulty.

Comment quoted in the article cracked me up:

“I Bet It Will Be Just As Uncomfortable As Every Other Seat BMW Has Made. BMW Single-Handedly Keeps Sargent In Business.”

That could probably be said about a lot of bikes.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

I bought my r1100 rt with the torture oem seat, and immediately ordered a Corbin. That was when Corbin started messing with small cars, and lost focus on seats. The Corbin arrived after I put about 4000 miles on the rt, after 8-9000 miles Corbin was zero % better than the oem. I bought a used Russell that was ok, just ok. I ended up with CBailey, long story, which was excellent over about 120000 miles. Bailey quit the seat business.

4 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Right? Where did that go?    🤷‍♂️

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/bmws-maintenance-free-m-endurance-chain-put-to-the-test

Summary: it needed replacing after 12,000 miles and is now being billed as "low maintenance" instead of no maintenance, but even that's questionable.

Ultimately the weak link (no pun intended) is the rubber sealing rings and they're the same as any other chain.

Every chain I've had die it was because the O/X rings started to disintegrate and come out.

Edited by stevesweetz
  • Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, stevesweetz said:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/bmws-maintenance-free-m-endurance-chain-put-to-the-test

Summary: it needed replacing after 12,000 miles and is now being billed as "low maintenance" instead of no maintenance, but even that's questionable.

Ultimately the weak link (no pun intended) is the rubber sealing rings and they're the same as any other chain.

Every chain I've had die it was because the O/X rings started to disintegrate and come out.

Well heck. That’s no better than a regular oring chain. 

Let’s go Brandon

23 hours ago, kilo3 said:

You know what i'm waiting for, heat activated seat foam.  If you've ever had a pair of ski boots heat fitted, that's like the best thing since taco's.  I want a heat fitted foam seat.

I was a ski bum back in the day. We didn’t have tacos, but we’d hand you a beer while fitting your boots. Heat molded liners, beer, AND a taco would probably be too many good things at one time; violate physics. Kind of like heat moldable motorcycle seats.  

• Haha 2

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, stevesweetz said:

Using that standard, I’ve been a pioneer in this field:  Every chain I’ve had dating back to my CB400F has been ‘low maintenance’ (at best), and they typically last about 12,000 miles… 🤷‍♂️