Sick of Yamaha

• Premium Member
On 9/5/2022 at 9:54 AM, Ride365 said:

I'm planning on keeping my 20 for a good while, I am quite smitten with it overall. I do however lust a bit after a BMW R1250RS, who knows what will be out there by the time I am considering a new steed. If all this ludicrous "go green" garbage keeps up, none of us will be buying new fossil fuel motorcycles as they won't be produced or will be outrageously priced. 🙄

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/ev-switch-when-combustion-banned-cost-£15000-household

The whole idea is totally Idiotic !!!

They now have scrubbers for every step of the manufacturing process for internal combustion engines.  Meaning the manufacturing process from start to finish, excluding including the automobile it's put in, Is highly efficient both in energy consption and Low pollutant output.

Batteries and rare Earth electric motors are highly energy and raw material greedy. Then there's their pollution side and young children in Africa mining for the rare materials needed for them.

Cold fusion and hydrogen fuels are the only answer.

It's just all the electric garbage gets all the press but Honda Yamaha Kawasaki Suzuki maybe Polaris.  Who knows what BMW is doing they're so cloistered.

Whatever it turns out to be, it's certainly gonna be a cluster f***

• Thumbsup 2

8 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

https://www.visordown.com/news/industry/ev-switch-when-combustion-banned-cost-£15000-household

The whole idea is totally Idiotic !!!

They now have scrubbers for every step of the manufacturing process for internal combustion engines.  Meaning the manufacturing process from start to finish, excluding including the automobile it's put in, Is highly efficient both in energy consption and Low pollutant output.

Batteries and rare Earth electric motors are highly energy and raw material greedy. Then there's their pollution side and young children in Africa mining for the rare materials needed for them.

Cold fusion and hydrogen fuels are the only answer.

It's just all the electric garbage gets all the press but Honda Yamaha Kawasaki Suzuki maybe Polaris.  Who knows what BMW is doing they're so cloistered.

Whatever it turns out to be, it's certainly gonna be a cluster f***

Heard Cadillac has special order all EV. Cheap at $300,000.00 starting point. Idiotic morons.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TomTracer said:

Heard Cadillac has special order all EV. Cheap at $300,000.00 starting point. Idiotic morons.

Hey if you've got it flaunt it!

But if you can afford that you also can afford a rapid charger system that gets it to 90% in a 1/2 an hour

• Supporting Member

Expensive EVs are all the rage, it seems.  

But God bless them, Cadillac just brought us this distinctly anti-green swan-song statement:  682-hp worth of premium-swilling, in-your-face Escalade-V.    The sheer audacity and absurdity of it really appeals to me...  

my23-escalade-v-modal-design-wheels.jpg?

my23-escalade-v-modal-gallery-horizontal

5 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Expensive EVs are all the rage, it seems.  

But God bless them, Cadillac just brought us this distinctly anti-green swan-song statement:  682-hp worth of premium-swilling, in-your-face Escalade-V.    The sheer audacity and absurdity of it really appeals to me...  

my23-escalade-v-modal-design-wheels.jpg?

my23-escalade-v-modal-gallery-horizontal

Maybe we could get a group buy!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jthayer09 said:

I was supposed to take the bike into the dealer today but the CEL turned off when I took it for a ride this past Sunday on the weekly start up and ride around the town.

Bike runs perfectly now, 3 hour round-trip jaunt and nothing noticeably wrong and the CEL didn't come back on. I'm going to leave the code in in case the CEL comes back on again and I do need to take it to the shop; they said hold-off on bringing it in since without the CEL on they can't warranty anything.

Seems weird to me. If I had left the bike on a tender/trickle charger then I would've chalked it up to low battery voltage throwing a sensor (throttle position sensor specifically) off. But I let the bike sit on it's own except for the weekly ride to keep fluids moving; I haven't charged it at all.

So I have zero frame of reference for why the issue happened and how it fixed itself. I am hypothesizing static build up somewhere in the harness or at the throttle position coupler. I previously read either here or on the MT09 forums someone said detaching the throttle position coupler and spraying some contact cleaner onto it turned off their CEL with the same code I posted. This was actually the same cure for an amplifier I own with a very noisy pot that would build up static over time.

Might do that when I open the bike up for 6K check.

Strange things.

It's now a CANBUS electrical/electronic system now right?

• Premium Member

Maybe we could get a group buy!?

No, let us keep our ice bikes and go green with a new 2024 Hummer

Only 1/3 $ of the caddy and 830 ponies and 11,500 pound-feet

https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/hummer-ev-suv

https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev

6 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

No, let us keep our ice bikes and go green with a new 2024 Hummer

Only 1/3 $ of the caddy and 830 ponies and 11,500 pound-feet

https://www.caranddriver.com/gmc/hummer-ev-suv

https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev

I saw those at a local Buuck dealer. Fugly, $$$$$, think range was around 150 mi. Being wealthy and dumb enough to buy any of such stuff makes fir a sucker.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TomTracer said:

I saw those at a local Buuck dealer. Fugly, $$$$$, think range was around 150 mi. Being wealthy and dumb enough to buy any of such stuff makes fir a sucker.

They don't know but 300 miles on a 200 Kw battery is possible?

Looks sharp in this view.

hummerevsuv-4-1617299085.jpg

During the Barber Vintage Festival they had a very interesting panel discussion with several folks.  Piere Troblounch (sorry on a good day I can't spell) the fella who worked for Ducati, Brian the guy behind the Motus and several other notional motorcycle designers.  They talked about electric bikes and the feeling was there is a certain amount of inevitability.  Piere said he thinks its going to be a bottom up development ranter than a top down.  He used Zero and electric mountain bikes as examples.  Millions of electric mountain bikes were produced last year and 28,000 Zero motorcycles.  Mountain bike volumes will lead to economical specialized custom components more than the Pro production volumes.  I have noticed the level o advancement going on in the electric mountain (eMB) bike segment with many models and the additional capacity and speed and cool features.  The eMBs have suspension with shocks and valving but are lighter than motorcycles.  Ask GM how easy it is to make a big car small and then ask Honda how easy it is to make a small car bigger.  Anyone remember the Lego and Pintos?  Pinto was not so bad but I was alway struck at how the Vega was a miniaturized Cmaro with big thick doors etc.  Compare with similar age Toyota and the doors are amazingly different.

I have been looking ash the electric scooters.  Saw the Piaggio 1 scooter at the Vintage Festival.  If it would do 45 I'd consider one.  Price is a bit high at $4,400 for the Active model but getting better than the Vespa electric at $7,500.  I ride my Kymco Compagnia a lot around the neighborhood and also use it to get around Barber during the big events.  An electric scooter would work really well for me be I really want one that can do between 50 and 60 mph.  I have a Bolt EV which I love driving - foot on the floor too much but it's a blast to drive.  Quick but not so fast it will land me in jail.  Very smooth and fun to zoom off from a traffic light while everyone else is piddling along.    Electrics have a lot of advantages in smooth power delivery, instant throttle response and low maintenance.  Problems are range, charging and cost.  Bought my Bolt because it was cheap - January 2020 they were running HUGE incentives and I bought for less than half of sticker for a new car.  Thought it was a fabulous deal but time has let me see it was a stupendous deal.  Economics got me there not trees, planet or anything like that.

GM is chasing the big easy profits and turning their back on the real trench work which is the lower prices segments.    The Escalade V is a high margin car that was built just to squeeze as much profit out of the segment as possible.  Way I see  it is there are only so many folks with $100,000+ to spend on a vehicle.  All the manufactures are chasing that segment and someone is going to step big into the cow patty for sure.  LOL have to love the brilliance at Jeep for coming out with the Grand Cherokee and the Grand Grand Cherokee just before gas prices zoomed up.  Apparently they are easy to find on dealers lots. 

I do not see electric motorcycles displacing my Tracer any time in the next 10 years.  Infrastructure and technology just isn't there yet and may never really get there.  

• Thumbsup 2

I'm sure plenty of pro athletes will have one of those outlandish Cadillac Escalades, that or for their baby mama. I'm most certainly not against EV vehicles in many instances, however as been stated......there is nothing "green" about them. It's comparable to ethanol production, the amount of corn used and the pollution spewed makes it all an oxymoron. 

• Thumbsup 2

News this morning...Flooded EV's in Florida are burning up at a crazy rate.  Once they get wet you might as well scrap them.  Tow companies are refusing to tow them.

If they are towed, they get put out in a field, 50 ft. distance from each other, for when they ignite.

Even when the FD empties an entire tanker on one, it reignites hours later.

I REALLY want one.🙄

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member

@BVEBRAD - I don't see an update in this thread (which we've admitted hijacked with a lot of EV banter), but I recall you getting your issues with the T9 resolved... is that correct?   Software update, or throttle bodies, or something similar?   Hoping that Yamaha got it sorted for you, and the ownership experience has been more pleasant of late.

-Scott

• Thumbsup 2

5 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@BVEBRAD - I don't see an update in this thread (which we've admitted hijacked with a lot of EV banter), but I recall you getting your issues with the T9 resolved... is that correct?   Software update, or throttle bodies, or something similar?   Hoping that Yamaha got it sorted for you, and the ownership experience has been more pleasant of late.

-Scott

Hi Scott, yes they got my bike fixed and I'm back in love with it.  I'm still waiting for Yamaha to make accessories available here in the USA.

• Thumbsup 1
Brad
Selbyville, DE