Mode "B"

I have used it on rainy days! I think thats what it is designed for??? Less throttle response = less rear wheel slippage possibly?

• Thumbsup 2

2020 Tracer 900GT /1978 Suzuki GS750E /1978 Suzuki GS1000 /1982 Suzuki GS1100E /1999 Honda GL1500SE

I used B mode for the first month  of ownership, this was also my first street bike. Now I use it in early spring when there's still ice/sand on the road as a reminder not to be an idiot before the roads clear.

Edited by kilo3
  • Thumbsup 2

I use it for commuting on long freeway slogs. I can squeeze out 3-5 additional mpg this way. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member

I will admit I use it all the time. When I first got the Tracer I scared myself a couple of times when I started in A mode. Never done a wheelie but got close those few times. I put her in B mode after that and it's good enough for what I do. That was 2500 miles ago so maybe I'll give A mode another chance 😈

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

I'll put it in B mode when I'm going to stand up on the pegs awhile to give my rear a break.  Less chance of me jerking the throttle and throwing me off.

Now that’s a novel response! 

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Supporting Member

99% of the time I'm in STD mode but on rare occassions when I'm feeling lazy, usually when in stop/start traffic, I'll use 'B' mode to smooth out the ride experience.  I imagine it would be good when pillioning to improve the passenger's experience.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

I use setting B the first few weeks of riding season, to reacquaint myself with the power delivery and throttle response. I would use it in rainy weather but I choose to not ride in the rain instead.

I normally ride in STD mode the rest of the time, maybe used setting A a few times and didn't really like the jerkiness of it. 

I'm only at 5840 miles...

• Supporting Member

I am so far behind the times with all the adjustability on modern motorcycles:  On my 2015 FJ, I rode exclusively in STD-Mode for the first 10,000 or so miles, then exclusively in A-Mode after that (coincides with the 2WDW reflash that changes the startup default).   Sun, rain, gravel, whatever...  Damn the torpedoes, it's full speed ahead in A-Mode! 

Season 2 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1