Strange Vibrationzzzz

Some of the vibes could be coming from hand guards as they vibrate back into the bars at freeway speeds (minor wind buffeting).  This bike also has a slipper clutch that tends to vib at idle which could increase or decrease at varying RPM's.  
What??

Some of the vibes could be coming from hand guards as they vibrate back into the bars at freeway speeds (minor wind buffeting).  This bike also has a slipper clutch that tends to vib at idle which could increase or decrease at varying RPM's.  
What??

Where did you find that this bike has a slipper clutch? I am almost postive it does not.

Nevermind I guess it does wow you learn something new everyday.

Guest bmidd
What??
Where did you find that this bike has a slipper clutch? I am almost postive it does not. 

Nevermind I guess it does wow you learn something new everyday.
Maybe he's confusing wet with slipper? It's not a slipper clutch.

• Premium Member
I can feel my own clutch slipping this time of the evening but my Tracer does not have a slipper clutch.
as long as you don't overdo it and end up clutching your slippers
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Sorry guys. I was told this by an unrelable source. I checked parts list. I stand corrected. It does not have a slipper clutch. However the covers on the space age looking hand guards are attached by two screws that tend to vibrate as you hit freeway speeds., cause bar vibration.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone any positive remedy's for this, I have 1400 miles done, the first service plus recall and these vibrations/buzzing are still numbing my hands within 20 min rides. Have been riding bikes for 30 years and never had such complaint, so I don't think I am holding on to tightly. The clutch leaver has a vibration that can be definitely felt if I lightly put my fingers on it. Also have noticed now that when in 6'th gear and lightly press my foot up against the gear change a vibration/buzz can be felt.. I have booked in with dealer in a couple of weeks to see if they can feel same vibrations. I have also talked to a couple of people who test rode the demo tracer and where put of buying it by this problem.. Both dealt and Yamaha UK are denying having heard of such problems on tracer. Also have Yamaha heated grips installed by dealer, not sure if these would make a difference. I have a French alps tour starting in July and will probably revert back to my 1998 TDM 850 if I cant get this sorted..

Stephen, you might be out of luck. I think triples are a little buzzier than most. Triumph and Yamaha alike. Most of my Kawasaki inline 4s buzzed at some RPM as well. 
  Bar end weights and gel grips might help, but this will never be a buzz-free platform...

Now, my old ST1300... That was the smoothest engine I've ever experienced!

• Premium Member
  Stephen, you might be out of luck. I think triples are a little buzzier than most. Triumph and Yamaha alike. Most of my Kawasaki inline 4s buzzed at some RPM as well.    Bar end weights and gel grips might help, but this will never be a buzz-free platform...
Triples can't have perfect balance, they'll always have some vibration.  It's still one of the smoother engines I've owned, but on long drones the buzzing can get annoying, especially in the 4000-5000 RPM range (which is otherwise a very nice cruising RPM).  Luckily the motor is super flexible; switch one gear up or down for awhile to change the frequency until your fingers stop buzzing, then back afterward.  No big deal IMO. 
I used to get it bad on the SV650S (90 degree V-twin, better balance characteristics) but with that motor/transmission it wasn't always reasonable to change gears to alleviate it.  I just got used to it; if it got too bad I'd put on the throttle lock and shake out my hands for a little bit.

Along with beberle's suggestions, I suggest looking at different gloves.  I have much worse problems with my thin ventilated gloves than my heavier Helds.  A gel-palmed glove might be just the ticket.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
My pet peeve, there is no en in damping or damper. e.g. damping and damper NOT dampening and dampener.
What, it's not about water? :-) 
(One of my peeves too.)

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 1 month later...
I now have 6K miles on mine and noticed the vibration at 4500 to 5500 RPM the day I rode it home and today it's still there. Coming off riding FJR's since my first 2003 model its hard to get used to because the vibration is right at the 70 mph cruising speed. This is supposed to be a sport TOURING model of the FZ-09 too bad I cant ride it longer than 20 minutes without my right hand going numb??
I tossed those hideous hand guards day one so guys its not that causing the vibe. Ive installed bar weights not sure if that helped much.
Spoke to 2wheeldynworks in Seattle he says his mapping will fix the vibration. Hmmmmm??

Hi i,m new to this forum so if i,m asking a question that has been asked before i,ll apologise now, anyway what i would like to know is has anyone experienced bad vibrations through the bars and pegs under heavy acceleration and when at speeds above 80 mph on private roads of course

• Premium Member
  Hi i,m new to this forum so if i,m asking a question that has been asked before i,ll apologise now, anyway what i would like to know is has anyone experienced bad vibrations through the bars and pegs under heavy acceleration and when at speeds above 80 mph on private roads of course
Posts merged. I just put on heavier bar ends (after removing the handguards) and noticed NO tingling in my hands after my ride this morning. I swapped bikes with Ty and noticed his vibrated twice as much as mine. So long story short, put on heavier bar ends. I used ones from E-bay, but had to drill out the ends to accommodate the stock 10 size bolts. They came with 18mm inserts, which are too big. We need something like 16mm inserts.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)