Best small tank bag?

Hey I’m trying to find a small tank bag that attaches to the ring around the fuel tank and doesn’t stick up to much to block my phone on a quadlock mount and the dash. And at least water resistant. I’m having trouble with this, any advice would be appreciated. 

The SHAD E04 P is a fabulous tank bag.  Three pins replace three of the screws of your fuel filler ring. The bag floats on those pins- Ingenious and works like a charm. No ugly ring and simple to detach for fueling. Love it. The top has a clear window to see your phone and the interior holds wallet, etc.

I've had several Givi ring mount bags and a SW-Motech.  I liked the Givi ones as they were easy enough to lift off.  Liked the SW-Motech better but only used it a couple of times.  They make a variety of sizes.  Mine is large but fit week on the bike.  It is more narrow at the front and the wider side pockets are at the back which worked well on the Tracer.  Also the SW-Motech could be adjusted forward or backward on the mount.  Not sure all of them do that.  The Givi might have been able to be adjusted but it was not really apparent.  I hadI have 10s of thousands of miles with the Givi ring mount bags and have never had a failure.  Without the rain cover stuff inside does get a bit damp in an intense rainstorm. On all my tank bags the top item in the bag was always a towel or microfiber cloth which I used for cleaning my visor - it would soak up a bit of moisture.  

Stuff in the plastic map window gets very hot.  Never ran a phone there but did run my SPOT GPS device there - it would get very hot but always worked.  I would press the "I'm OK" button from time to time to let my wife know I was OK and a location.  For phones I recommend a Quad lock with a vibration damper.  The RAM X-Mount things work well but don't have vibration dampening.  I ruined the camera on an iPhone 10S that way.  It was on my BMW F800GT which had much more handlebar vibrations than the Tracer 900 GT.  It took a several hundred miles or even a couple of thousand miles.   How the mount is positioned and the weight can amplify the vibrations as well.  I have a cheap (free) Samsung phone that was my plan for backup navigation.

I like the size and price of the Cor-Tech 12L mag bag.  Easy to use and for once a year trip very convenient.  Half the price of a SWM micro and more than double the room inside.

I use a SW-Motech micro tank bag. Just a small bag for the convenient stuff you need direct on the road and easy to carry when off the bike.

I have the EVO type which is discontinued, but available in a PRO version as well.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Fleng said:

I use a SW-Motech micro tank bag. Just a small bag for the convenient stuff you need direct on the road and easy to carry when off the bike.

I have the EVO type which is discontinued, but available in a PRO version as well.

Same here. Works well and SWMotech gear are typically excellent quality, and this tank bag is no exception.

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

I've used several GIVI tank bags, but this is my current one:

https://giviusa.com/collections/tank-bags/products/st610-10ltr-tanklock-tank-bag

I like the form-factor and the size is perfect for my EDC items (alternate gloves, water bottle, bungie net, multi-tool, hat, tire repair kit, etc), with a bit of expansion, when needed. It works as either tank bag or tail bag (with seat adapter). I would have preferred an adjustable bungie strap on top to the elastics, but works for attaching small items (I have my gas card: https://www.aerostich.com/gascard.html on there with a carabiner).

• Thumbsup 2

58 minutes ago, Ivan C said:

I've used several GIVI tank bags, but this is my current one:

https://giviusa.com/collections/tank-bags/products/st610-10ltr-tanklock-tank-bag

I like the form-factor and the size is perfect for my EDC items (alternate gloves, water bottle, bungie net, multi-tool, hat, tire repair kit, etc), with a bit of expansion, when needed. It works as either tank bag or tail bag (with seat adapter). I would have preferred an adjustable bungie strap on top to the elastics, but works for attaching small items (I have my gas card: https://www.aerostich.com/gascard.html on there with a carabiner).

Any pics of it on the bike? 

10L is a bit bigger than I was looking at.