If you could trade the Tracer for another bike

larolco

So, I now have another 2020 GT with about half the kilometers the crashed bike had, and a few grand in my pocket to spare. I decided to spend some of that on a set of Michelin Road 6s. Pricey tires even at Black Friday sale prices and they will probably spoil me for any reasonably priced tires for the rest of my life. But, hell, why not? The bike still has a stocker Dunlop on the front. As soon as I have a left arm that's up to working a set of tire irons, it's coming off.  

I believe the new-to-me bike to be fairly gently used. The header is still shiny and its average mileage reads 4.2 liters/100kms (56 mpg). My old bike read 4.6 (51 mpg), so that says to me this bike has lived a life of fair weather recreational highway use and gentle right wrist. Plus the rear is not squared off but has chicken strips and the peg feelers have never touched the ground.

Haven't ridden it yet and it will be a while before that's a possibility, I think. Still suffering some pretty bad whiplash a month later. 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
44 minutes ago, larolco said:

So, I now have another 2020 GT with about half the kilometers the crashed bike had, and a few grand in my pocket to spare.

Haven't ridden it yet and it will be a while before that's a possibility, I think. Still suffering some pretty bad whiplash a month later. 

While it must be torture not to be able to ride your new bike, the good news (sort of) is you have all winter ahead of you to heal up and eventually wrench on the bike a bit before the 2024 riding season. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

In response to the original question, without a doubt I would do whatever I could to get my hands on a KTM Super Duke GT.  Similar to the Tracer but also very unique.  Probably one of the top 5 engines anywhere right now (yamaha triple is on the list too).  I wouldn't kick a multistrada V4 out of be either.  The small problem with them is the $$$$$

• Thumbsup 2

2 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

It's deal season. How about a new 2022 Tracer 9 GT for $3000 off list?

NEW 2022 GT on sale

IDK, dealers play all sorts of games with numbers online to get you in the door, surprise the dealer setup fee is 2500 instead of the normal 500-800. Been there, done that, always call for out the door price.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

NEW 2022 GT on sale

My buddy just got the same ‘22 model in Oregon for that price OTD. Oregon doesn’t have a state sales tax so $12,000 was the final price. 

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

NEW 2022 GT on sale

For a brief moment, I thought about going that route. There are a few kicking around these parts, but the deals weren't significant enough for me to bite. Plus, I have stuff that bolts onto a 2020 but not a 2022.