If you could trade the Tracer for another bike

larolco

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

No CC and amazingly NO IMU, at least from what I could glom from Suzuki's own website.  So no corning ABS, TC and all the other things an IMU can help transform safety features! 

And for the same money as the latest T9+.

Crazy stupid 

The GSX-S1000GT+ could have (should have) arrived with more features since it is marketed as a sport tourer but both the GT+ and GX+ have cruise control, the new GX+ does indeed have an IMU with all of the cornering/safety technology.

This video goes into detail on ALL of the features on the new GX+.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Seems they're all competing by adding features we don't really need and of course, we're paying extra for it.  The GX is an interesting bike, but 2" taller than the S1000GT.  Has anyone sat on a GT, can one be comfortable for a week or two trip into the mountains?

1 minute ago, RaYzerman said:

Seems they're all competing by adding features we don't really need and of course, we're paying extra for it.  The GX is an interesting bike, but 2" taller than the S1000GT.  Has anyone sat on a GT, can one be comfortable for a week or two trip into the mountains?

I've sat on a 2023. It's not as neutral a riding position as the Tracer, but it's not full-on sport bike posture either. I would have to get it on the road and feel what the wind management is like before I made a judgment. That extra 2" height should make for a nicer ride on less manicured roads, I would think. I don't mind a tall bike. In fact, I always felt the Tracer didn't have adequate ground clearance for my purposes.  

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, RaYzerman said:

Seems they're all competing by adding features we don't really need and of course, we're paying extra for it.  

That is a slippery slope. Do we really "need" ABS, cruise control, Ohlins, Brembo, water cooling, radial tires.............? I think most people do ask for tech because it's obvious when a bike gets out of date tech wise as it stagnates on the sales floor. Not everyone is asking for everything but most are not buying stripped down new bikes.

Lots of tech in the new version. Looks like they may have a winner on their hands because every forum I follow is talking about it :)

Edited by miweber929
  • Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, betoney said:

The GSX-S1000GT+ could have (should have) arrived with more features since it is marketed as a sport tourer but both the GT+ and GX+ have cruise control, the new GX+ does indeed have an IMU with all of the cornering/safety technology.

This video goes into detail on ALL of the features on the new GX+.

I totally missed the smart cruise control and IMU functionality! 

Sounds very much like the new T9+++

Very interesting but NOT a CP3 or better in a way not a twin.  Which IMO the Honda NT1100 missed the boat on tech.  Maybe next year?

https://suzukicycles.com/crossover/2024/gsx-s1000gx-plus

• Thumbsup 1

22 hours ago, RaYzerman said:

Pretty sure that MANY are very interested in those features. 

Marketing... convincing you you need it when you don't.  However, explain to me on a motorcycle why you'd want/need adaptive cruise, self levelling suspension, or any electronic suspension for that matter.  All are compromises and formulas they decided for you that you'll have to live with, not to mention most suspensions are undersprung poorly damped things in the first place.  Just give me a good suspension for once, the right springs, fully adjustable damping and preload, i.e., more like aftermarket suspensions.

I'd like cruise control, but adaptive?  I find it has limitations in the car and I can see it a hazard on a bike.  OK I guess if you're a sheep and content to stay in one lane and follow traffic.  Don't need it, don't want to pay for it.  Been riding for over 50 years, and survived so far.

Edited by RaYzerman

• Supporting Member
On 11/10/2023 at 10:32 AM, miweber929 said:

Lots of tech in the new version. Looks like they may have a winner on their hands because every forum I follow is talking about it :)

Agreed, of all of the footage I have seen from EICMA, this bike seems to be generating the most buzz.  I have a feeling that this new GX might steal a lot of sales from their own GT model. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I've had several inline 4s:  an 07 FJR and 2 R1s at different times, an 08 and then a 2014 (the last year before big redesign, and still what's sold now in 2024).  Combined total miles on all 3 was about 80k. The new Suzukis look nice but the triple in the Tracer is so much narrower, lighter, and runs so much cooler than the I-4s.  That's its huge advantage to similar looking I4 bikes IMO.  And I regularly use all of the Tracers rev range.  My 2019 Tracer GT has an Akra exhaust, Ohlins front and rear, and the Yamaha comfort seat   No reason for me to trade for anything.  I only wish it had a slightly larger gas tank to be more of a distance tourer between stops.

• Thumbsup 2

The suzuki GX is once again like the GT and yamaha mt10 and new tracer,reliant on these tiny piss poor excuses for headlights,as already said don't need any of the adaptive cruise control,imu etc,Just some GOOD HEADLIGHTS so i can actually go out in the dark and a centre stand,so once i get my suspension i will have no reason to change.

20 hours ago, RaYzerman said:

Marketing... convincing you you need it when you don't.  However, explain to me on a motorcycle why you'd want/need adaptive cruise, self levelling suspension, or any electronic suspension for that matter.  All are compromises and formulas they decided for you that you'll have to live with, not to mention most suspensions are undersprung poorly damped things in the first place.  Just give me a good suspension for once, the right springs, fully adjustable damping and preload, i.e., more like aftermarket suspensions.

I'd like cruise control, but adaptive?  I find it has limitations in the car and I can see it a hazard on a bike.  OK I guess if you're a sheep and content to stay in one lane and follow traffic.  Don't need it, don't want to pay for it.  Been riding for over 50 years, and survived so far.

My buddy's 23 1250 GS adventure has ESA suspension, and another with a 22 Tracer with ESA......both are quite smitten with it, my buddy with the BMW has spent big bucks on suspension upgrades with his last GSA and the Africa Twin he had briefly before his new GSA, and he claims his stock ESA is superior to both. I rode for a few weeks another of my buds bikes, had a totally decked out Ducati Multistrada with the ESA suspension, and I was left extremely impressed. I don't care for adaptative cruise either, but otherwise me owning a bike with cruise control "now" is not even up for debate. No question that I would spend more up front for better brakes and supension on any motorcycle, but unfortunately Japanese spring rates are too low for most Americans, where the Euro bikes and American bikes are better sprung. IMHO......the biggest marketing scheme is all these high HP bikes out now, anything over 125 hp for a "street bike", just doesn't make much sense for me, nor will/can most riders ever come close to using that HP to it's potential. My buddy Dave has a new HD Pan America with ESA and 150 hp "sweet machine by the way", but he in no way shape or form, leaves me in the dust with my measly 115 hp. ;) 

Edited by Ride365
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Ride365 said:

IMHO......the biggest marketing scheme is all these high HP bikes out now, anything over 125 hp for a "street bike", just doesn't make much sense for me, nor will/can most riders ever come close to using that HP to it's potential. 

I agree with this 100%.  120hp/75lbft torque would be perfect for me in any normal everyday riding scenario that I could imagine.  
Every review you read or watch nowadays always reference a bike “not measuring up” to the latest super bike or “only making xxxHp” if it’s anything less than 190. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2