What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Having just got the bike today, all I have done is ride it (Way Fun!),  remove the lame gas tank warning sticker, remove the passenger pegs (wow, those babies are light!)
and try to angle the windscreen back a little (put a few washers behind the screen at the lower mounting holes). I noticed while riding that if I stood just 2, maybe 3 inches up on the footpegs, the roar was gone. So will be cutting the screen soon.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Moved shifter up a bit to accommodate new boots, rode it like I stole it. Softened rebound damping to four clicks from hard on front, 3 half turns from firm on rear and it's much better on potholed twisties. Only a few more miles until I hit the magic number 1000 and can use the top third for "sustained operation greater than 6900 RPM". ::)
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
When they said change the oil at 600 miles, I took them seriously. :)

18608794755_719b352a5d.jpg

Swapped the FJ briefly for an old, faired GS500 for about 30 miles so my friend could ride the FJ. That bike has some shortcomings but it was better than I expected.  It's just so short! :) Just funny that I managed to get my first service at exactly the right mileage.

Few hours later: Oil change is done and darn that was th?id=JN.0ukNc5CKZOmadDpbUwm7qQ&pid=15.1&P=0.  A little bit overtorqued, but nothing a long socket wrench couldn't break.  I was a little surprised a socket actually fit over the bolt with that little bolt protector flange in front of it.

• Premium Member
Swapped the FJ briefly for an old, faired GS500 for about 30 miles so my friend could ride the FJ. That bike has some shortcomings but it was better than I expected.  It's just so short! :)
The GS500 is a great all-arounder.  Not a lot of power, but good handling and cheap and durable and comfortable with low standover height.  It used to be my pick for a recommended beginner's bike, especially since they were plentiful on the used market. 
These days with all the new 300cc bikes it's a much more open market.  The 250cc Ninja was always a favorite for its fun factor, but was really underpowered for a general purpose bike IMO.  A modern 300cc bike is a whole other story, with power competitive to the old GS500s, and many of them have ABS now too.

Anyway, that's just my way of saying I have a soft spot in my heart for the GS500.  Also the Honda Hawk GT / NT650.  Great bikes.

I hope you enjoy your new FJ even half as much as I am enjoying mine.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Rode it. 
Asheville to Deals Gap yesterday. Up to Little Switzerland via the BRP today and Unaka Mountain tomorrow. Head back to Florida on Monday.

I love this bike!
Awesome! I'm headed down to the Gap tomorrow for a week.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Installed the Graves exhaust, one Woodcraft slider (one MIA during shipping) and evotech bar ends. Took off the ebay radiator guard to install the Evotech one but that will wait until the weekend when I do the PC5 and Auto Tune.
 img]
img]

• Premium Member
Installed the Graves exhaust, one Woodcraft slider (one MIA during shipping) and evotech bar ends.
Love the Woodcraft sliders.  I went with basic stainless steel though, not color matched :-).  One of them already made a difference in an at-stop tipover. 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
I love this bike!
Hah!  I was saying that, in all caps, every single time I ran a twisty section.  Probably my friends on Facebook were saying, "all right, we get it", but I just couldn't help crowing about it.  It's amazing how good the FJ is, and how easy it is to ride fast. 
We may bitch about the suspension being a bit harsh, or Yamaha being slow as hell to get the accessories out there, or whatever, but damn is it a great bike.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

As I told my wife, I spent the day getting to know my new lady.  I installed some of the parts that have been arriving.  I raised the shifter 2 mm to fit under my boots better. Still a few things to add ...

New larger, softer pegs. I had to drill out the rivet on the left one.  Did not eliminate any buzz on the highway, but it seemed a bit more comfortable on my ride today.

pdcUlmwXs153qyS_KEvXRy3bm7mgslZKc0pbGMAoiFc=w1942-h1294-no

Billet stem caps.  I had these left over from a custom build.

sIQj44YOV9r7yX6LGZ-z_RgZft__Z5Is2v2B3smeKnY=w1942-h1294-no

ASV levers.  These bolt right on without fuss.  A lot to disassemble to get at the pivot nut.  They feel and work very well. I lengthen the mirror a bit with the stock adjustment nuts.  They are a tad
wider and taller now.

AyZ9CK4JUy9xERW4cww9eXVmfazoRPXQSzFAsqNSLbY=w1942-h1294-no
jrWdyy2TTeIbWhKJEZ7Se3eqWuYRPSARhrebIG9t4J8=w1942-h1294-no

• Premium Member
Darth Feejer

18994197006_0d0c0d173b_c.jpg

My son gave me a Darth Vader Father's Day card and I used the emblem from it on the bike. With the great and the FJ's "face" it fits. Need to use something more permanent than double sided tape.

FZ-09, but today I rode with a very fast group on a Mountain route called the "Lowman Loop" at just insane speeds and got 37 MPG over 140 miles. These guys are faster than I normally ride, track riders all of em and I worked my suspension and tires pretty hard keeping up with them. No chicken strips at all left on my Pilot Power 4's. We got stuck behind a large group of harleys for a long stretch and they were doing 40 MPH where we usually are doing 90 mph or even more. No room to pass until we hit the passing lane and then wham!

The FZ is great right up till around 110 and then the higher revving bikes leave me behind. I wish that we had a track here in Boise..

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Installed 90 degree valve stem adapters. Swapped out OEM rear sprocket and chain for 43T rear and red EK chain. 
15%2B-%2B1

PM sent re: new rear sprocket, delnari.   I look forward to your response... L of S