What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Nicely done! I too was concerned with the lack of LEDs lit on the OEM tail light assembly and chose to replace it with a MotoDynamic unit that provides a fully lit array at all times. Fully programmable, I've got mine flashing quickly 3 times before going to full brightness. It also has a sequential turn signal function that I chose to not use, as my LED replacement turn signals provide greater conspicuity. MotoDynamic Tail Light
y-14fz09-c-0.jpgy-14fz09-c_1.jpg

Thanks, Clint!   Wish I'd known of this even neater solution before I bought the Skenes, but I guess I went on what I knew from previous installations.   Your MD unit certainly looks fine and performs well - and about half the price (shipped to Oz) of Skenes.   But they do a great job. [em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Update on http://fj-09.org/post/37707... got the eBay levers from the People's Republic... This is what $50USD gets you. We'll see how that goes on...and stays on. I have to say they look and feel pretty well made and solid... makes you think of the mammoth markups (thievery) that may be taking place out there... but I reserve final judgment to much later ;) . Some pics before I go and install these... 

I had similar Chinese knock-offs on my RC8R.  They were every bit as good as the Pazzo levers I had on another bike.

Put those levers on last year. They are still doing well. Cranked out all the spring play in front end, backed off two turns. Front still diving under my heavy (265) weight. Looking at Pro Pilot for a solution - perhaps the 30 mm cartridge with 1.0 Newton springs for the front... and a 40% over spring for the rear. we shall see if I want to drop 2K plus to make it more ridable in the twisties.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Repeatative post but I finished my remote garage opener today.  Works perfectly not to mention the fact that it looks factory installed.  I mounted the SARS momentary button on the black plastic shroud on front of the tank.  No depth issue at all.  I simply wired the button directly to the remote with no involvement of the bikes electrics.  I had to remove all the plastics from the left side but not the tank.  Very easy install and again, works perfectly.  Longevity to be determined.  BTW, to remove the black phillips head looking rivet, turn 1/4 turn CCW.  Best piece of advice you'll get today.  I believe Piotrek's pictures covered the look.  Highly recommended addition or farkle as they say nowadays.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
I too use the Midland CB, I know old school but the group I ride with uses cb for coms. I mounted the cb to the modified handguards. I have a Firestick anntena  mounted on the top box bracket. I use a Sena bluetooth adapter to connect to my helmet system. 

4487630.jpg  

I too use the Midland CB, I know old school but the group I ride with uses cb for coms. I mounted the cb to the modified handguards. I have a Firestick anntena  mounted on the top box bracket. I use a Sena bluetooth adapter to connect to my helmet system. 
I am looking for an out of the box solution to communicate with my passenger. We wear full face helmets, and don't need anything fancy like a builtin FM receiver and such. Any ideas or advise?
I am using Aldi bluetooth sets. They were about $70 AUD ($54 USD) each. Seems to hold a good charge, can listen to music/podcasts from the phone, GPS, and have 2 way conversations with my pillion.
It does hit my neck brace when I turn my head left, but not badly.
The boom mike fits inside the chin of the helmet nicely.
Not sure of the range bike to bike, if any.

IMG_20160415_133441_zpsrvufqf0w.jpg.

Installed a set of eBay shorty levers, and practiced my wheelies
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

Today I added some 3M "Scotchlite 580" 7mm vinyl pinstriping to the panniers and rack.

This stuff is normally black but is reflective when a light shines on it.
It's not as bright as SOLAS grade tape, but still effective at night and not noticeable during the day.

6 metres is about $10 USD on ebay, from a vendor called "adesivisicurezza".

Edit: this is not a before and after - both pictures have the tape, one was taken with a flash.

IMG_20160415_161906_zpsf6odei5z.jpgIMG_20160415_161916_zpsmjfefnbs.jpg

Rode the shit out of it, picked it up at noon, got home about 8 pm. Various errands ran and 125 miles of break in done. I have to say that I am in love with this bike. I have noticed some things that everyone on here has talked about, but really it is a blast, has character and is very quick and fun to ride. Those things that people talk about, whining noise, howling air intake, clanky transmission, sure, but I love it all. I like to hear my bike doing its thing and this bike does it thing very well.