What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
@jmarin, you forgot to say that you are so proud of your efforts you spammed every windshield thread on the internet

:P
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

@jmarin, you forgot to say that you are so proud of your efforts you spammed every windshield thread on the internet 

You are absolutely rigth, I felt so proud :) ,but the idea is to show to the fj09 community different options, not just what the market has to offer.

What did I do?  I BOUGHT ONE!!  Well, ok, it was about 4 days ago.

I finally pulled the trigger.  I had been debating between the FZ and the FJ for a few months now.  And a few things convinced me...

I'm almost 40.
I'm 6'3"
I'm 230 lbs.
and the biggest influence....  the dealership near me had some pretty decent prices on a 2015. 

They only had gray ones left, so it made my color choice easy.

I only have about 130 miles on it but thus far I am quite happy with my decision to get the FJ over the FZ.

• Premium Member
Today I installed a couple of CREE LED auxiliary lights.  Also, and pretty cool, is this angled bracket set on eBay:  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121785520142

Many know that with the taller touring windshield, you have to remove the upper wind deflector on the grips.  However, with these brackets, I just put the top deflector back on the brackets, leaving them loose, and rolled them out a little and checked the turn.  They miss the windshield perfectly.  Just tightened them down after that.  

Today I installed a couple of CREE LED auxiliary lights.  Also, and pretty cool, is this angled bracket set on eBay:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/121785520142

Many know that with the taller touring windshield, you have to remove the upper wind deflector on the grips.  However, with these brackets, I just put the top deflector back on the brackets, leaving them loose, and rolled them out a little and checked the turn.  They miss the windshield perfectly.  Just tightened them down after that.  
"*This item install on the OEM handlebar cover, it can heightening the blinker of the handlebar cover" - is that what that thing is called, and Yamaha calls it a "cover, handle upper" 
*Color may have 5% different from the photos shown online"
*Available color: just like the picture show"

Gotta love it!

• Premium Member
I did nothing to it. I did something for it... I bought the Yamaha side cases for it. :)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
I may need to work on body positioning after that last run up the Dragon. :P

20160610_104508_zpsuwfwkrgk.jpg

I may have pooped a little when it dragged. 
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Went for a ride to check out the new GPS mount (above the instrument cluster) and suspension settings (as mentioned in previous post). Am pleased to say that the fork conversion on initial testing (no luggage) after reducing the preload by 1 ring and damping by 4 clicks.

Next week going on a decent ride loaded up (approx 1500km) so that will be the true test. But at least I have a good starting place (hopefully won't need to tweak anything).

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Am pleased to say that the fork conversion on initial testing (no luggage) after reducing the preload by 1 ring and damping by 4 clicks. 

fork conversion? Please tell me more... Traxxion or something similar?
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

@jmarin , you forgot to say that you are so proud of your efforts you spammed every windshield thread on the internet 
This coming from the guy who spews non stop on here about everything and adds very little. 
2015 FJ-09
2004 KTM 525