What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Not only did I mark up the parts to be replaced, but I washed the bike and then took detailed photos and videos of my tank. They scratch my beautiful red paint job on the tank and I swear by Grabthar's Hammer, there will be hell to pay.

You all need to stop getting the recall work done. My part has been on order for about 3 weeks, still waiting!
1pm for mine today.  Also marked up the risers to make sure they replace them, as well as putting marks on the handle bars to make sure they put them back to the correct angle. 

IMG_20170510_154749.jpg

Why are you getting the risers replaced?

Not only did I mark up the parts to be replaced, but I washed the bike and then took detailed photos and videos of my tank. They scratch my beautiful red paint job on the tank and I swear by Grabthar's Hammer, there will be hell to pay.
Our local Harley dealers will walk around the bike with you when drop it off and note any pre-existing marks, damage, etc. on your bike-more shops should do that! 

• Premium Member
1pm for mine today.  Also marked up the risers to make sure they replace them, as well as putting marks on the handle bars to make sure they put them back to the correct angle. 

IMG_20170510_154749.jpg

Why are you getting the risers replaced?
They said the risers were part of the recall.  Which was why they needed me to bring the bike in initially, so that they could order the "right color".  I almost told them they were full of shit, that there is only one color for the 2015 that is even close to the silver/gold of the red bike.  I just got home, but working until 4pm.  Will check them out tonight.

• Supporting Member
I had also turned the handlebar downward some (dot on bar ~2mm below lower clamp edge) and adjusted the levers accordingly. It was a very satisfying morning or riding, without fussing over the suspension or the snatchy throttle... what a relief. The FJ and I are on speaking terms again.
Isn't it a nice feeling when everything is adjusted just right and there are no further add-ons you need?   You can just take off and enjoy the ride.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

FedEx showed up with my SW-Motech skid plate that I ordered based on the successful test by @bbb . Pleasantly painless install; maybe 20 minutes. While I was waiting for that to show up, gave the bike it's weekly wash, chain service, check over, and tried out the Motion Pro V3 cable luber, since my updated cable still hasn't arrived. Niftly little unit.

IMG_3226.jpg

• Premium Member
Well, they replaced the risers but didn't bother to put the caps back on facing the correct way. It's little shit like this that really pisses me off when it comes to dealerships. If they can't be bothered to check the service manual to see which way the riser caps go, how do I know they got the right torque? To answer my own question, they didn't. Specs call for 16nM. They tightened the bolts hand tight, maybe 12nM. A$$hats.

2017-05-13_15-12-01_639.jpg

2017-05-13_15-14-48_759.jpg

2017-05-13_15-17-34_333.jpg

20170514_041154.jpg

Found an old dirt bike rear shock cover I got 4-5yrs ago I won at some event, wondered if it would fit the FJ-09 OEM rear shock, sure enough it did...it not tight but it can easily spin around but stays in place so far after riding tonight...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Custom tank pad

FUG75go.jpg

And white wheel stripes, I really like the way these look. I'd love to get it redone professionally at some point, looks fine from a distance though...

3eaaLdn.jpg

'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling