What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I rode to work today. First time riding with the new levers. Brake lever feels great. Clutch lever feels like shit. However, I did apply some silicon lubricant to the brake lever but forgot on the clutch lever. I'll probably pull the clutch lever back off and apply some silicon to see if that improves feel.

'15 FJ09

I rode to work today. First time riding with the new levers. Brake lever feels great. Clutch lever feels like shet. However, I did apply some silicon lubricant to the brake lever but forgot on the clutch lever. I'll probably pull the clutch lever back off and apply some silicon to see if that improves feel.

Replaced mine recently and used lithium grease on the pins per the instructions (Puig). Buttery smooth pull.

Do they feel harder and like they're stepping through rather than pulling uniformly? I have the eBay wonders (shorties) and will be looking to replace them with something that was engineered... or do shorties just feel that way? Not an issue normally, but when I get into sustained heavy stop-and-go/crawl type traffic... very much so. Developed a killer grip though. grin.png
Yes, the clutch lever feels like its stepping rather than pulling uniformly smooth. Brake lever is perfectly smooth. 

'15 FJ09

... so it's either A) eBay lever flaw, or B) how shorty works. Do you know which?... I 'd rather not buy another shorty at 4x the price and not see improvement. 

My brake lever feels perfect too. I am betting it is the same design... they just package/market them as different.

I think its an eBay lever thing. I had ASV's on my SV650 and they were butter smooth both sides. I'm pretty sure the clutch was a shorty anyway haha. 
At the end of the day, $25 for a set of levers, ya get what ya pay for.

'15 FJ09

[quite] I think its an eBay lever thing. I had ASV's on my SV650 and they were butter smooth both sides. I'm pretty sure the clutch was a shorty anyway haha.

At the end of the day, $25 for a set of levers, ya get what ya pay for.

Enjoying my $20 amazon levers just fine. https://smile.amazon.com/Clutch-Levers-Yamaha-2015-2017-2016-2017/dp/B019IK6Z7O/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_d_pd_title

• Premium Member
<-- Ebay lever owner, no issues or complaints.

(Guess my FJ is gonna assplode now) :P
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
<-- Ebay lever owner, no issues or complaints. 
(Guess my FJ is gonna assplode now) tongue.png

I have used Pazzo levers for years without issue, I recently bought a set of ebay knock-offs to have a spare set with me in case of an incident while on the road.

If you look at the mount section shape and the clutch cable slot, you can see that the Chinese knock-offs aren't even close to being correct.  For $25 dont expect perfection.

Lever1.jpgLever2.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Have to admit though... the eBay knock-off is otherwise built pretty nicely.

I agree 100%  and to be fair, I contacted the seller, sent him photos of the mis-matched pieces and he is going to send the correct mount piece.  Very upstanding seller.

• Supporting Member
Thanks for validating the money I spent on the Pazzos, @betoney. :)
They’ve been flawless so far, and I really like the feel relative to the stock levers.

One observation is that I’m personally really glad I went with the standard length levers and not the shorties. For the brake side, a short lever would be fine, since I’m a two-fingered braker and either the short or long option works. But for the clutch side I use three fingers and notice that I tend to get way out to the end of the lever for maximum leverage, especially in traffic. I think the shorter clutch would be brutal on my hand/wrist/forearm.

• Supporting Member
One observation is that I’m personally really glad I went with the standard length levers and not the shorties. For the brake a short lever would be fine, since I’m a two-fingered braker and either the short or long option works. But for the clutch side I use three fingers and notice that I tend to get way out to the end of the lever for maximum leverage, especially in traffic. I think the shorter clutch would be brutal on the my hand/wrist/forearm.

I agree on the clutch lever length, I have tried a short clutch lever and while it is doable, I much prefer full length. 

I currently have a long clutch and short brake levers, another benefit of buying Pazzo's, you can mix and match lever length.

• Supporting Member
It seems there is more than 1 factory in China producing knock off's.

I have been to Hong Kong several times in the past and the amount of counterfeit goods available was staggering.   I am neither condemning or condoning it here as I am guilty of buying cheap ebay parts myself.   "Usually" they are of very high quality.

I have been to Hong Kong several times in the past and the amount of counterfeit goods available was staggering.   I am neither condemning or condoning it here as I am guilty of buying cheap ebay parts myself.   "Usually" they are of very high quality.

I buy lots of stuff from eBay / China. Usually I don't have any complaints. These levers are an exception. 
Yes I realize Hong Kong isn't technically China.

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
I buy lots of stuff from eBay / China. Usually I don't have any complaints. These levers are an exception.

I bought the MZS Levers and they work very smoothly and are very good quality. 

While they did ship the wrong clutch lever, they were very courteous and prompt in fixing the mistake.

I bought the MZS Levers and they work very smoothly and are very good quality. 

While they did ship the wrong clutch lever, they were very courteous and prompt in fixing the mistake.

I bought the same ones actually.

'15 FJ09