What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
Sooo... I might have to start liking my clutch lever, or forget about the shorty altogether.
As @betoney and I both mentioned above, a short lever on the clutch side is going to require more force to operate, regardless of the manufacturer... it’s leverage & physics & stuff. I went with the standard length levers, and am really glad I did.

• Supporting Member
@piotrek - Agreed it’s curious about the differing reviews.

My remark wasn’t intended to sound condescending at all... apologies if it came off that way. For me, I don’t think ANY shorty lever is going to work well on the clutch side... the Pazzos are beautifully made, but if I had gone with the shorty I don’t think I would be happy with the results.

As @betoney and I both mentioned above, a short lever on the clutch side is going to require more force to operate, regardless of the manufacturer... it’s leverage & physics & stuff. I went with the standard length levers, and am really glad I did.
...understand the leverage part, living through it. Just thought there was a chance that the eBay lever was somehow significantly worse than others. If buying a Pazzo shorty will not improve the lever force/action, then I won't be buying Pazzo shorty. 

Having supposedly bought the same product... @betoney likes, and @koth442 doesn't.

Curious.

I've been watching this thread and the question that's nagging at me hasn't been addressed. 
What, exactly, is the perceived benefit of shorty levers?  Is it strictly an appearance thing?  I can't imagine there are any physics-related benefits.  In fact, exactly the opposite as noted elsewhere.

To each his/her own of course.  I've spent a fair chunk of change "improving" my FJ, but beyond moving that hemorrhoid of a license plate/turn signal holder, I haven't done any strictly appearance farkles.

I've been watching this thread and the question that's nagging at me hasn't been addressed. 
What, exactly, is the perceived benefit of shorty levers?  Is it strictly an appearance thing?  I can't imagine there are any physics-related benefits.  In fact, exactly the opposite as noted elsewhere.

To each his/her own of course.  I've spent a fair chunk of change "improving" my FJ, but beyond moving that hemorrhoid of a license plate/turn signal holder, I haven't done any strictly appearance farkles.
I'm saving weight!!!! 
Kidding. Its 98% for looks. Other 2% is they're less likely to break in a tip over

'15 FJ09

have you guys/gals thought of using a longer push clutch lever ( IIRC the Bolt ones are longer) to improve the the "leverage" of shortys?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member

For me, it is 100% feel, it comes from my dirt bike experience.  My YZ250 has a short brake lever and I only ever use 1 finger for front braking.  On the FJ I use 2 fingers.

I cant imagine that anyone would do it for looks, the difference between the standard length clutch and short brake lever is one inch.  Zero bling factor there.

Have you ever watched a lecture about cornering or braking from Nick Ienatsch? (instructor at Yamaha Champions Riding School)

Nick.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
lubed and adjusted my chain.....

I have been surprised by how little chain maintenance this bike requires. I'm constantly checking my chain for adjustment, but it is usually good to to. I have a multi-day trip coming up this weekend, and decided to lube and adjust the chain. Wasn't too far out of spec, but didn't want to have to do this on the road.

• Supporting Member
@betoney ... is there a noticeable difference in feel between the Pazzo long and the OE? The OE lever seemed to flare out beyond reach (for me) at the extreme end. Is the Pazzo designed different that you can tell? Thanks.
 For me, YES.  The Pazzo is straight where the oe is curved outward.  And of course there are 6 settings for distance to help fit your reach. 

clutch_lever.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@betoney ... is there a noticeable difference in feel between the Pazzo long and the OE? The OE lever seemed to flare out beyond reach (for me) at the extreme end. Is the Pazzo designed different that you can tell? Thanks.
 For me, YES.  The Pazzo is straight where the oe is curved outward.  And of course there are 6 settings for distance to help fit your reach. 

clutch_lever.jpg

I have the eBay version of those levers.. grey anodized with black adjuster. They have been on for almost 10k miles now without any issues.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I've fitted several pairs of cheap-ish (about AUD$33 IIRC) E Bay levers to my late BMWs and Tracers.   Having small hands, the six-position adjustability of both levers is a blessing, and I cannot understand why Yamaha would sell the bike with only the brake lever being span-adjustable.   Cheap!   

One pair I fitted (first pic below) had an additional hinged 'fold-up' feature to do just that - fold-up instead of snapping off if the bike is dropped.   Admittedly the Tracer hand-guards would probably prevent that happening, but it seemed a useful feature.   Gold anodized ones go well with the solid 24-carat front fork too.   The items looked good, performed well, and were totally trouble- and maintenance- and deterioration-free.

P1020698.jpg

P1030767.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I parked the FJ-09 for a few days... Its been 8months since I have ridden the HP-07(FZ-07 w/Hordpower kit) beyond my block... I miss riding this little bike, feels good to ride "naked" ?... its a little rough round the edges compared to the FJ-09 but they both suit each other very well for majority my motorcycle needs...

20171005_164616-1.jpg

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp