What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

About the engine sliders. Was there any problems during installation, supplied screw lengths were OK? Any oil leaks while installing?

- Good question, I had to struggle with it a bit because if you looked at the reviews on Amazon for the engine sliders - they don't ship it with instructions. You just receive the parts and you're on your own to figure it out. Some comments did provide information about how to go about installing it and that's what I followed. 

So, the oil pump side is fairly straight forward; the bolts are all the same size and you just need to remove the 3 OEM ones and install the new bolts with the slider (You can look up the owner's manual for the torque specs if you own or rent a tool that you can do that with, but with a hex key, use your best judgement when you tighten it). If you're having leaks, chances are you're probably not tight enough or used the wrong combination if bolts i.e. different lengths.

On the stator cover side, the bolts are all different sizes lengthwise, but you only have to worry about removing the ones on the edges, where the longest one installs in the rear hole with the short spacer. The shorter long bolt goes in the front hole with the longer spacer. The two equal sized ones just install over the OME bolts, hope this helps.

wWent through most of the list and added the big items and some of the small ones and it was about $198. I didnt go through all the little nuts and bolts though. So I guess total cost with windshield to be in the $350 range...not sure its worth it. 

Took my new nelson riggs sport tail pack I picked up on the revzilla sale out for a spin. Exactly what I was looking for, perfect size to stash some stuff for an afternoon ride. Fit nicely just wrapping the straps under the corbin I'm sure it would work with any seat.

20180720_191311.jpg
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

Now with 100% more Motodynamics! Flush mount front, integrated tail light, and fender eliminator. Other recent changes include Puig adjustable/folding levers, Rizoma bar ends, and VStream sport shield (courtesy of @jreinhardt). Apparently, just having the integrated tail light is illegal, so I might add some indicators on the side of the plate. Also took off the Givi top rack, as I haven’t been using it this summer. Between that and the fender I think I dropped 15 lbs. 

AC7_DCA08-36_A0-4423-_B2_EE-03_C626844848.jpgBEB1_D582-0_A54-4_A0_E-98_A2-_AC4_BBC59_DBD1.jpg

Rode to work today.

Previously I complained about the notchiness of the MZS clutch lever. A little silicone lubricant and a few days riding the lever feel is drastically improved.

'15 FJ09

Not sure if anyone cut down the stock hand guards but this is what I did. Seems to work fine. Also I can tighten them and they do not move like they did before this mod. Little more room when I split.

IMG_9350.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_5772.jpg

IMG_9106.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_0587_2.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

• Supporting Member
Not sure if anyone cut down the stock hand guards but this is what I did. Seems to work fine. Also I can tighten them and they do not move like they did before this mod. Little more room when I split. 

IMG_6827.jpg

I noticed that you still have the original clutch cable, notice how it has kinks or hard angles in it?  They are prone to fraying and in some cases breaking. 

Yamaha recognized this design flaw and revised the cable, look for the part number with an -02-.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

IMG_6827.jpg

I noticed that you still have the original clutch cable, notice how it has kinks or hard angles in it?  They are prone to fraying and in some cases breaking.  

Yamaha recognized this design flaw and revised the cable, look for the part number with an -02-.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Previously I complained about the notchiness of the MZS clutch lever. A little silicone lubricant and a few days riding the lever feel is drastically improved.
Glad it’s working better for you!

Did you go with the shorty levers in both sides? I’m just curious about your overall impression of the concept & design. I went with the standard length levers for both brake and clutch, but starting to think a mixed set of short brake & long clutch might be the hot ticket.

• Supporting Member
92 degrees here and i just ordered grip heaters.
 Ya' know, its funny you mention that.  You would think that there would be no use for heated grips for another 3 months.   
Last week I took a road trip into Northern California and in the Sacramento Valley it was up to 111-113 degrees during the day, coming back North, I stayed the night in Bend, Oregon - near 4,000' elevation, high desert. 

It was mid-40's when I got on the road the next morning and I was FREEZING since I was ill-prepared wearing summer vented gear (lesson learned) - the heated grips were a life saver in mid-July!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***