What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I might have to get me a tunnel bag like that dedsxy. Not right now tho, Murphy has been a busy esso bee at my house this month between the truck, the furnace and the pressure tank on my well.

Today the FJ got a full fluid change. Brakes bled, oil + filter changed, and coolant flushed. Brakes immediately felt so much better. There was some air building up in the calipers. Gone now!

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
After 14,283 miles I finally replaced my clutch cable.  During my weekly inspection I'd listen for crunchy feels or noises coming from the "kinked" area of the old part number and last weekend for the first time I heard it.  Ordered a new cable and lubed and installed the updated part number today.

It took about an hour and I carefully cut open the old cable to see how bad it was:

20180812_150532_HDR.jpg

I did a solid 300 mile ride this morning. Got some new roads explored. One of them was quite phenomenal. Had to dodge a young billy goat at one point during the day. I've dodged deer, dogs, rodents, birds, cows, and now a goat...

'15 FJ09

Fitted some new tires (Bridgestone T30-EVO's). I probably could have got another few thousand miles out of the stock tires but I had some free time and was itching a bit to get the new rubber on.

Stock tires had nearly 14k miles and I really don't have any complaints. They lasted long and stuck well in the corners. They did seem to wear a little funny. One side was more worn than the other, I don't know if that is a road crown thing or what. Oh yeah, and the cupping but that seemed to sort itself out after I upgraded the suspension.

• Supporting Member
Had to dodge a young billy goat at one point during the day. I've dodged deer, dogs, rodents, birds, cows, and now a goat...
Been there, just a few weeks ago I met this friendly donkey square in the middle of the road, just past the apex of a rather fast blind sweeper. We had a nice discussion and decided it would be best if he stayed off the pavement in the future...

BF6_D55_BF-8_A5_B-4_F68-9_BFE-054_CCDE31478.jpg

Replaced my clutch cable today for the R1 cable that’s been sitting in my side case for the passed couple years. I have 18k miles on the bike and after seeing the frayed cable above and it feeling really stiff, it was time. I can’t believe much it is fully adjusted out. It’s super smooth now though and worth it to have full turn ability back.

We collected some gravel samples today...
20180818_124127.jpg

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

• Premium Member
Installed the Deneli Sound Bomb Horn. Works well.

Show us a photo of where you mounted it... please. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

I’m commuting about 2 hours away for work at the moment, trying to get a screen that works, tried a few and none of them work with a 6’2” pilot. Cut down my el cheapo $26 screen to as small as the backing plate. I am now sitting in clean air which does a great job of holding the upper torso up whilst keeping weight of my wrists. It was pretty bloody cold though! Think I’ll be selling the Givi screen I just bought. I also had no more unwanted lane changes like I did last week in the winds.