What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
which grip heaters, or heated grips did you order?
Sorry, you are correct.  OEM style heated grips.  The head of the service department argued AGAINST OEM and said to go with Oxford.  Don't know why as everyone here sounds happy with theirs. I probably won't install mine once they come for a couple months.  Just want them on hand so if i do find the time....

*installed grip heaters on another bike couple years ago.  They worked awesome.  As long as the grips themselves last i think the OEM should be even better then what i used long ago.
Wow, that's really odd. I'm wondering why he argued against them because I also have the OEM ones and they've been fantastic.  As a former service manager, I wonder if he was "selling from his pocket". It's when a salesperson operated from the perspective of their own wallet and maybe he just thought it was expensive. I like the clean install without adding anything to the handlebar.
Also... because of the thread: I also re-attached my center stand.  Putting it back on was MUCH more of a pain than the removal (which was a breeze).

I took off my GIVI windshield and put the stock shield back on. It's just been too hot and having the extra air in my face is nice this time of year.  Oh and I changed the oil.   :)

That's funny. I took off my factory screen and put the Givi on. Even though it's been well over 100 the wind noise and buffeting have been more of an issue for me than some sweat. I still get buffeting but so much less noise.

I just absolutely hate how the thing looks.

I took off my GIVI windshield and put the stock shield back on. It's just been too hot and having the extra air in my face is nice this time of year.  Oh and I changed the oil.   smiley.png
You tried naked yet? 10/10 airflow for those hot summer days.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

You're like 6'5" right? Or am I thinking of someone else?
You got those numbers in reverse! 

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

Yes that's me.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling

• Premium Member
Received a small package today, with some chain links and this little buddy... Oxford Junior. Compact, and good enough to discourage an opportunist. I usually lock the steering, but figured I'd get a helper. 
20180801_205337.jpg

Get yourself a tether like so, and run up to the handlebars so you don't forget it's there.
I also recommend putting it on the rear, if you forget it's up front and roll the bike backwards you will crack a plastic cover on the front fork. (voice of experience)    

IMG_20150727_190817491.jpg

Yes that's me.
So running a no windscreen is gonna be a lot better for you than us more vertically challenged people. There is some highly turbulent air coming over the bike, it's just much lower without a windscreen. That nasty zone smashes me in the face. It would hit you in the chest which is ideal.

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Get yourself a tether like so, and run up to the handlebars so you don't forget it's there. I also recommend putting it on the rear, if you forget it's up front and roll the bike backwards you will crack a plastic cover on the front fork. (voice of experience)    

Been there, done that.  My front fender still has the scar as a reminder.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Received a small package today, with some chain links and this little buddy... Oxford Junior. Compact, and good enough to discourage an opportunist. I usually lock the steering, but figured I'd get a helper. 
20180801_205337.jpg

I agree with quadnorth's "suggestion" of a tether. I use a Kryptonite Disc Lock, which came with a bright orange one, on the front, with the other end of the tether on the front brake lever. As for the rest, not to worry, as I have that covered (when parked at home), using a Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain Disc Lock w/ 3.5ft chain. I'm even considering picking up the 5ft version. According to their claim (and their warranty), you can just lock it up, and fahgettaboudit. 

I use a similar Oxford one on the rear disc and a beefier version on the front. The UK police were advising a rear one as well to stop thieves just picking the front wheel off the ground and rolling the bike away.  
The OEM steering lock is useless and so easily broken it is a joke. It’s doubly annoying as it is difficult and  costly to repair so I never bother with it anymore.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I've installed tutoro chain oiler. 
Not with zip ties like most of the people. 
I've taken a different approach. :)

20180803_172349.jpg

20180803_172305.jpg

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

I installed FJR1300 Foot Pegs.

Ebay $12 Aussie delivered ($8.88 USD). I think I got the inspiration from this thread or elsewhere on the forum. Thanks goes out to whoever it was for sharing.

Simple to install....remove the OEM split pin and remove and replace pegs.

They are quite a bit longer and a bit wider but not ridiculously so.

Plus with the rubber top, hopefully will grip my boot a little better in wet riding...have had a few slip off the peg moments. Especially hope they just reduce a little bit of vibration that has just started to creep in in the past few thousand km's ( just done 27k km).

I reused the OEM centre pin, split pin and spring as they all looked much more substantial than the new ones.

Noticed when I went to remove the original right side peg, there was no stem (grind away... not sure of the proper name). Was it only ever just on the left (if so why?). Had it simply come off? Is it there on other 2015 MT-09 TRACER's (FJ-09)? Interested to hear others setup....
76e755226b2f657c1de7ec16ea5b1ed7.jpgeced4d431f07bfd7ab5a56c6a3990a27.jpg06d4eb5186118463f374b5bd88cac14c.jpgc922c021392b2ade6146648f0f35878d.jpg

I installed FJR1300 Foot Pegs. 
Ebay $12 Aussie delivered ($8.88 USD). I think I got the inspiration from this thread or elsewhere on the forum. Thanks goes out to whoever it was for sharing.

Simple to install....remove the OEM split pin and remove and replace pegs.

They are quite a bit longer and a bit wider but not ridiculously so.

Plus with the rubber top, hopefully will grip my boot a little better in wet riding...have had a few slip off the peg moments. Especially hope they just reduce a little bit of vibration that has just started to creep in in the past few thousand km's ( just done 27k km).

I reused the OEM centre pin, split pin and spring as they all looked much more substantial than the new ones.

Noticed when I went to remove the original right side peg, there was no stem (grind away... not sure of the proper name). Was it only ever just on the left (if so why?). Had it simply come off? Is it there on other 2015 MT-09 TRACER's (FJ-09)? Interested to hear others setup....
76e755226b2f657c1de7ec16ea5b1ed7.jpgeced4d431f07bfd7ab5a56c6a3990a27.jpg06d4eb5186118463f374b5bd88cac14c.jpgc922c021392b2ade6146648f0f35878d.jpg
Queenslander here, proast.   Have fitted two sets of these, exactly as you detail in your post.  Good product, excellent price too.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.