What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
Finished up my lighting project today, but not without a hiccup, some rethinking and rewiring. 
Kinda blingy, but kinda cool too. I like it.

That looks pretty cool, I like it, nice job.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Nice - if fiddly - job, bb.   I take it these are a form of visibility lights - could we see a pic, please, of them on while in darkness.   TIA...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Today I put the side cases back on, cleaned her up and removed a little more rubber.

Every day I own this motorcycle, I love it a little bit more.

d6Ga4r-NVCX7DBoCJPRP233-Md82DKrUcTuG_Qa3YTvFP8S3A18M7-gkUZiDC813F2uGKla6oThiWJMKTOj79TGYnzxXTMtoy5Q9fhHLqZ_wJyVkJwN6BAsd_eDSNSjRdlGRPdgykQ=w2400
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Thanks, bob - they are - indeed - visible! One of a kind (well, two really, I guess) and nicely done!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

*as much as i don't really like the FJ...OMG does it blow antiquated Honda out of the watee.
Can you elaborate a bit on that statement? Not trolling, as I respect whatever your personal opinion is of the bike, but just genuinely curious about what's behind that comment.  
Thanks!
-Scott
Not a problem.  I get it.  I see why everyone likes this bike.  Will totally admit it puts a smile on my face twisting that throttle or flying down that road a little too fast and clamping on the brakes knowing i can easily stop in time.  I like the fact i don't feel/look like a monkey F*#$ing a football like i do on the other bike, LOL.  Appreciate the fact my back doesn't hurt on this bike as i get older too unlike more aggressive rides. Don't like that gravelly feeling between certain RPM's, nor the surging/hesitation that accompanies that.  Also don't like the fact my hand/arm gets tired after 5 miles of riding.  The harder i ride the faster, more it hurts.  Don't like the light front end at 110+
I'm not a bling kinda guy.  I prefer stock and prefer not to be spending extra money on stuff i don't need or if i do it should already come on the bike.  There are a few other items but you get the idea.

Got yer monies worth out of that tire for sure!
Eh, I reckon he has a fair bit left on there. Here's a pick of mine after I changed them, I dug in to see how much was left until the cords... these carried me 13k miles. Still looked like a decent bit of rubber left in the middle  

IMG_20180812_205042.jpg

IMG_20180813_090203.jpg

Pulled off the rear wheel after a 2200 mile trip. I’m not an expert, but I think this one’s done. Gonna get some new rubber before the return journey.  

How much psi you got in those tires? Maybe lower the pressure a bit I bet you can get many more miles out of those tires. 

Got yer monies worth out of that tire for sure!
Eh, I reckon he has a fair bit left on there. Here's a pick of mine after I changed them, I dug in to see how much was left until the cords... these carried me 13k miles. Still looked like a decent bit of rubber left in the middle  

Pulled off the rear wheel after a 2200 mile trip. I’m not an expert, but I think this one’s done. Gonna get some new rubber before the return journey.  

How much psi you got in those tires? Maybe lower the pressure a bit I bet you can get many more miles out of those tires.
It was way high. I usually run it around 34psi in town and for fun, and bump it up to 38 when touring with luggage. Elevation change apparently pushed it to 43 though, and there was some extended time at high speed in a straight line. It might be good to go farther, but it has a bunch of tiny tears across the center that make me nervous. Second one of these tires I’ve seen do that, so I think I’ll try something else. 

• Supporting Member
@mftic - Fair enough, and I certainly see your points. I’ve managed to work around most of those issues, but it’s taken time and money to do it. The first gen FJ definitely lacked some refinement, which (hopefully) Yamaha continues working to address with the GT and beyond.