What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

36 minutes ago, Yaman said:

Last year when i was riding in 4th gear about 60-70 kmh it felt not smooth , like the chain was worn . I got a qoute for ECU flash with Dyno run for 650 $ , so I ordered rapid bike easy for 150 $ . Today i plugged it in and it was smoother , not wow smoother but noticable . New picture in the sun so the blue pop  , i also painted the cover by the headlight . 

20240401_150507_1.jpg

Check out the "gronk" here locally on the forums, might be what you are experiencing.

There is no weird noises from the clutch and it got smoother after i install fuel controller.  Consumpsion looks like the same in the computer . Forecast say it will snow again this week :-[

Recently I finally swapped out GPS mounts.  I documented the one I had and didnt like in another thread.  Here I changed to this one and the results are a WAY more stable GPS. Along with the mount change I pulled apart the windscreen adjuster and added a small washer just past the shoulder the the adjuster knob giving better clamping force.  I think before no matter how hard I tried to tighten the knob the shoulder would prevent it from geting tighter.  Now its nice and tight and moves quite a bit less.  Im sure that also adds to my more stable GPS.  Sorry if this has been beaten to death on this site already.... (but its new to me!)

Also with the GPS-to-bar mount, its a cheap chinese aluminum clamps that I dont really trust all that much so used some fiber grip paste on it so I dont have to run the screws quite so tight and it should prevent stripping and slipping.

20240406_111659_resized.thumb.jpg.4d996f8d9ec896e4636ade9e12a1e15f.jpg

20240406_111715_resized.thumb.jpg.f20a7e18059bbbe82e1f1fed92ad3f9e.jpg

20240406_112742_resized.thumb.jpg.c72d6aa61906da99aace9bf2a695c444.jpg

20240406_111725_resized.thumb.jpg.c2f8ee6c22445cc7caf89ef2068d0591.jpg

Edited by DT675

Today I installed a GIVI fog light bracket. I plan to mount Clearwater Glendas to it. Darlas on the forks. I have them left over from my previous bike.

I also got in today the proper brackets to mount the lights from Clearwater. Hopefully I'll have the lights on soon.

I also, also got in R&G tank grip pads. They are for the previous years Tracer but I hope it fits my 2020.

FINALLY got in a nice ride on my new '22 GT!  Bought it a week ago but the weather has been so cold and rainy it was tough to get out. Perfect Spring weather today in CT, even stopped at the beach briefly... 

Working thru my upgrade list... installed Grip Puppies, Fuzeblock, front Fenda Extenda, RAM phone mount, garage door opener button, and a pigtail for the battery charger. I have SW-Motech crash bars and tank bag on order, once the bars are on I can install aux lights and dual highway blaster horns.  And a 24" Madstad shield will be on order soon.  

For now I need to put lots of miles on it and get myself 'dialed in'.  After 14 years on the C14 it feels SO different!  Good, but just so very different. I was 'one with the bike' on the C14, not there yet on the Tracer, but some miles will cure that!  🙂

Tracer 9 at the beach.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

Today I installed the R&G Tank pads/grips. The tank section fit well. The "frame" section was just ok tho. I don't understand why the grip pads are so far forward on the tank n "frame". Perhaps the previous model is way different. I can't use the front half of the pads, as I can't sit that far forward. Or even have my knees that high on the tank.

I also started putting the inverted fork brackets on for the Clearwater Darla fork lights. Ran outta time.

Today I installed my new Madstad 24" windshield, will have to try some different position settings to see what works best. Looking forward to it after all the good feedback I've heard on that product.  I did not install the 2 side winglets, figured I try it without first and see if they are needed.  Just curious, for other Madstad users, have you found the winglets useful?

Also swapped out the cigarette lighter style auxiliary DC jack for a Yamaha part that provides 2 USB jacks instead. Very nice unit, but very fiddly to get the wiring taken care of since there is so little room to work there, but it all worked out in the end. Also installed an extra set of wires from the aux connection to run a small DVM that I'll be sticking below the dash, just to monitor battery voltage.  I'm surprised he T9 does not include that on the display.

The personalization process continues! 🙂

42 minutes ago, Tim Anderson said:

Today I installed my new Madstad 24" windshield, will have to try some different position settings to see what works best. Looking forward to it after all the good feedback I've heard on that product.  I did not install the 2 side winglets, figured I try it without first and see if they are needed.  Just curious, for other Madstad users, have you found the winglets useful?

Also swapped out the cigarette lighter style auxiliary DC jack for a Yamaha part that provides 2 USB jacks instead. Very nice unit, but very fiddly to get the wiring taken care of since there is so little room to work there, but it all worked out in the end. Also installed an extra set of wires from the aux connection to run a small DVM that I'll be sticking below the dash, just to monitor battery voltage.  I'm surprised he T9 does not include that on the display.

The personalization process continues! 🙂

I have never rode without the side deflectors so I can't comment if they help or not. I do think that having them on helps, but that could just be wishful thinking. They help out a ton with looks though. I think it really makes the front look better. Less of a "Lemon on top of a watermelon" look.

I have the lights mounted to the bike. No wiring yet. I have the front bodywork and tank off to start the wiring process. I ordered a switch for the handlebars. Will start the fuse block wiring soon.

• Thumbsup 2

20 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I have the lights mounted to the bike. 

What lights did you get?  I'm definitely planning on some driving lights up front to improve my visibility.  Don't ride much at night but not a fan of the little headlights.  Denali and Clearwater are great but very $$$... any other suggestions?  Thanks! 

13 hours ago, Tim Anderson said:

What lights did you get?  I'm definitely planning on some driving lights up front to improve my visibility.  Don't ride much at night but not a fan of the little headlights.  Denali and Clearwater are great but very $$$... any other suggestions?  Thanks! 

I ended up getting the SW Motech crash bars and lights for my 2021 GT.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, Tim Anderson said:

Denali and Clearwater are great but very $$$... any other suggestions?  Thanks! 

The Denali DRL are expensive (and have gone up considerably since I bought mine) but are extremely durable, 100% waterproof and VERY BRIGHT.  One nice thing about them is their stealth design; small and unobtrusive.

I have mine mounted as shown in the photos in the link above.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 4/14/2024 at 6:15 PM, Tim Anderson said:

I have a set of Clearwater Kristas and Darlas. Left over from my leftover bike.

All the wiring is done for the lights. Bodywork back on. I took the tank off to run wires. First time. Went well. All I need to do now is install the Eastern Beaver PC-8, heated jacket liner pug, battery tender plug, cut a hole in the top box, wire the top box, and change the tires. All before Wed next week. No big deal. Should be fine.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

New DID 525 VX3 chain and sprockets from Sprocket Center after 19.2k miles.  First time doing install and thumbs up for Motion Pro chain tool!

PXL_20240419_144754600.jpg

I upgraded all my sockets to 6 point vs 12 which is essential IMO for success with the high torque nuts...PXL_20240419_144829979.jpg

• Thumbsup 1