What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Got new bike this week (new to me). In fact exactly the same as the old one 2019 900 GT. The only difference is the new one comes with 4000km when the old one with 20000 and the fact it is basically stock. Today was a first day that I had a chance to start transfer some stuff. So far windscreen, radiator grill and managed to relocate the handlebars to the stock position (closer to rider). What left? The beak, auxiliary lights, GPS, engine guards, skid plate, foot pegs, stock dog bones, sidekick enlargement plate and top case mounting rack.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, Rick123 said:

Got new bike this week (new to me). In fact exactly the same as the old one 2019 900 GT.

Today was the first day that I had a chance to start transfer some stuff.

Rick - What were the circumstances for getting the same bike back to back?  Was one damaged in a crash?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 3/6/2024 at 6:27 AM, Ride365 said:

All my cars and motorcycles get a name, and yeah they are all of the female variety. :) My Tracer is Candace, and my Forte GT is Pearl. 

I have a Forte GT as well, a 2023. Both of us have a Tracer and Kia!

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, The Cheese said:

I have a Forte GT as well, a 2023. Both of us have a Tracer and Kia!

Mine is also a 23, with the GT2 package and DCT 7 speed.......loving it!!! 

10 hours ago, betoney said:

Rick - What were the circumstances for getting the same bike back to back?  Was one damaged in a crash?

No, no damage and no crash. Last one I put on road with 6500km (4000miles) 1-st of July 2023. By the time I finished riding season last year it had 20 000km (12 000miles)  on it. Right now almost 21 000. So I figured out that by the time I finish this riding season it will perhaps get up to 50 000km (30 000miles). It will be hard to sell it without loosing a lot of money. Why not to get one with 4000km (2.500 miles) if the price is right and be ok for another riding season.

• Thumbsup 2

On 3/8/2024 at 8:24 PM, Rick123 said:

Got new bike this week (new to me). In fact exactly the same as the old one 2019 900 GT. The only difference is the new one comes with 4000km when the old one with 20000 and the fact it is basically stock. Today was a first day that I had a chance to start transfer some stuff. So far windscreen, radiator grill and managed to relocate the handlebars to the stock position (closer to rider). What left? The beak, auxiliary lights, GPS, engine guards, skid plate, foot pegs, stock dog bones, sidekick enlargement plate and top case mounting rack.

And wrenching continued today. This time: beak transferred, brake fluid reservoirs cups transferred as well as SW Motech tank bag mounting ring and the tank bag, kickstand enlargement plate and hand guards. Yamaha top case rack and box on new bike replaced with Givi set from the old one.

18 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Mine is also a 23, with the GT2 package and DCT 7 speed.......loving it!!! 

What are the chances. So is mine. Next you're going to tell me its sporty blue as well.

To get somewhat back on track for this thread I sent off my seat to Russell. Getting it lowered a bit.

I've only got 500 kms on my 22, been out twice this last week.  

Kind of forgot about the drive modes, and have been in 3.  Put it in 2 this evening ....and mama mia, that is some fun riding.

Great bike!

New Chain and sprockets from Sprocket Center. EK 525 Red 16T front, 43T rear. Looking for lower highway rpms. Stock 15T/45T = 3.00 ratio. 16T/43 = 2.6875 ratio or 89.58% which translates to 10.42% lower highway rpm's. Sure it will not be  "spunky"  off the rails, but I'm a LD rider, not a hooligan. Well maybe sometimes......... And yes the bike needs a good washing! Hey I ride even in the winter!

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

Edited by 2linby
Add info
  • Thumbsup 1

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Premium Member

So you went with the flaming hot red huh!

EK 525 ZVX3 - Metallic RED Heavy Duty X'ring (1300cc Rated)???

I've posted shots of my fastest route fifteen with my squidly red chain too but it was a five twenty And I reused the sprocket center Superlite sprockets

I've run two other 520.

Which gave me about 18 or so each, which is nothing to sneeze at with the CP 3.

Which I think sets up a little driveline vibration even with the damped front cog

Now I don't keep my chain meticulously clean. But why otherwise run an o-ring x ring z ring chain?

Back in the day I think they got chains off a conveyor belt drive.They were heavy and still didn't last that long.

I think a lower numerically ratio for lower revs is a false efficiency because the CP 3 needs to rev to be in the Most efficient range.

This has been discussed before here on

Strangely I need a new chain.The one notch down EK in 520, Maybe because of the reused sprockets, which I thought were perfectly acceptable, didn't last more than eight thousand miles but I'd have to verify that.

I presume you kept track to your gas mileage so with your riding style.Report back if you are achieving higher mileage and you like the experience better.

• Premium Member

As a side note to my installation of the handlebar riser inserts that brought me up 1" and back 3/4 on on top of, or should I say underneath my Renthal street naked, which I haven't ridden yet, during my ongoing maintenance, I happened to look at how the bars looked now that I have the tank and airbox off. I set my phone kinda on where the pillion would be and looking forward. It seems the bars are Way Way up there! Almost like they should be on a Harley, but I think that's an optical illusion without it being dressed. 

20240314_095702.jpg

4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

So you went with the flaming hot red huh!

I presume you kept track to your gas mileage so with your riding style. Report back if you are achieving higher mileage and you like the experience better.

Not worried so much with MPG but to reduce RPM's at highway speeds on IBA LD rides.  But to answer your question. My last set up was a 17T/43T (2.53 ratio)  and on a SS5000 Five States in-state ride last summer I averaged 43.4 mpg. The 17T/43T was a little too low and sluggish, so I upped it to the 16T/43 = 2.6875. I'll probably change it up again in another 20,000 + or whenever I need to. The last DID chain lasted almost 22,000 before starting to kink.

4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Edited by 2linby

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

My culmination of this winters work-

+1 tooth front sprocket 

Seat mod

Taller windscreen

.9 fork springs/ oil change

Spark plugs 

Air filter

TB balance 

Coolant change

Front Fenda Extenda

I have a block of wood wrapped in a cloth under the back of the tank to hold it up from the low hanging sides from scraping against the plastic side fenders.

20240218_124231_resized.jpg.476682d35ecd13b82eae447860cc9027.jpg

20240218_124238_resized.jpg.64c515d3203b4210ba65b02128400283.jpg

I put a hockey puck style chunk of rubber here to keep the tank from resting on the fuel nipple.

2024-02-1812_45.00_resized(1).jpg.35754605555ebbebebc37419e715ec56.jpg

20240218_124949_resized.jpg.afc6aa4606fa0d50fbc54d507d047446.jpg

And the most impressive thing of all?  That I am able to post all these pictures on this forum!!

Edited by DT675
  • Thumbsup 4

On 3/9/2024 at 9:48 PM, Rick123 said:

And wrenching continued today. This time: beak transferred, brake fluid reservoirs cups transferred as well as SW Motech tank bag mounting ring and the tank bag, kickstand enlargement plate and hand guards. Yamaha top case rack and box on new bike replaced with Givi set from the old one.

And more stuff on “new” bike. First I replaced dog bones back to the stock set up (it was lowered by previous owner). It can be done without removing the wheel and dropping exhaust btw. as some of you suggested here. After that was time to transfer engine guards. Done. Finally I installed the spacer that raised the seat about 8mm. Few other thinks left which I’m planning to do tomorrow.

• Thumbsup 2