What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
20 hours ago, piotrek said:

The experience of driving or riding a manual gearbox is the attraction for many, in spite of all the speed, perfection and efficiency of the alternatives. These technological advancements won't always scratch the itch. šŸ™‚

THIS! Ā 100% thisā€¦ šŸ˜€

I bought my new Cadillac with a good old 6-speed manual, and couldnā€™t be happier. Ā Yes, itā€™s a ā€˜betterā€™ car in every measurable way with the available 10-speed automatic, and I couldnā€™t care lessā€¦ itā€™s the visceral experience of being actively engaged in the drive, not just passively along for the ride. Ā  Same on the bikes: Ā Iā€™ve ridden a Honda DCT, and am very impressed with the technology, but itā€™s just not quite for me. Ā Yet. Ā Your mileage may varyā€¦Ā 

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
23 hours ago, piotrek said:

The experience of driving or riding a manual gearbox is the attraction for many, in spite of all the speed, perfection and efficiency of the alternatives. These technological advancements won't always scratch the itch. šŸ™‚

Ā 

3 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I bought my new Cadillac with a good old 6-speed manual, and couldnā€™t be happier. Ā Yes, itā€™s a ā€˜betterā€™ car in every measurable way with the available 10-speed automatic, and I couldnā€™t care lessā€¦ itā€™s the visceral experience of being actively engaged in the drive, not just passively along for the ride. Ā  Same on the bikes: Ā Iā€™ve ridden a Honda DCT, and am very impressed with the technology, but itā€™s just not quite for me. Ā Yet. Ā Your mileage may varyā€¦Ā 

I agree with the visceral experience of shifting, when the mood calls for some shenanigans I am more than happy to rip and tear through some twisties on the FJ, other times I enjoy a bit more of a leisurely ride over long distances and the DCT definitely fits the bill.Ā  Reason enough to have one of each in the garage. šŸ‘šŸ»

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I had the option of a 6 speed manual for my car, but I've been there and done that a few times over the years and it SUCKS in heavy traffic or a jam......I'll happily shift my motorcycles however. :)Ā Also.......DCT/DSG cars are quicker than the manual version, and they shift/act like a manual anyways, just alot faster and more efficient. ;)

Edited by Ride365

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I had the option of a 6 speed manual for my car, but I've been there and done that a few times over the years and it SUCKS in heavy traffic or a jam......I'll happily shift my motorcycles however.

I feel the exact same, most of my past vehicles have all been manual, everyone in my family has owned manual vehicles, I taught my kids to drive on a manual and my current truck is a 5-speed.Ā  At times I enjoy setting the gear and rpm for the situation but other times, like stop and go traffic I curse it to no end, I just want to drive.Ā  I don't ever do any sporty driving any more, I save that for when I'm out on the bikes.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 4/20/2023 at 4:00 AM, getpetey said:

Installed a JK3D seat slope mod kit on my 2015. A vast improvement!

I've done the whole ' search ' part on here for information on how to do this mod , I bought one from JK3D about 2 years ago and I can't remember how to fit the bloody thing !! Anyone remember a link to how to do the mod ? I'll carry on searching in the meantime šŸ¤ž

• Supporting Member
37 minutes ago, pilgo said:

I've done the whole ' search ' part on here for information on how to do this mod , I bought one from JK3D about 2 years ago and I can't remember how to fit the bloody thing !! Anyone remember a link to how to do the mod ? I'll carry on searching in the meantime šŸ¤ž

Check it out here Pilgo.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Took the bike to Reno NV to get the suspension updated , saw this artwork in Fernley on the way and couldn't resist getting the photo as I work for a fishing wholesale company ( any excuse to take a photo of my bike basically šŸ˜ )Ā 

20240128_035104.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

One of the major benefits to working from home several days per week is I can dink around in the garage on my lunch!

I swapped the front tire for the Dunlop Mutant. It went fairly easily doing it by hand. I love that the Bridgestones are so compliant - they are easy to mount/dismount. The dunlop took a little effort, but not bad. I changed the rear on Saturday at my buddy's house. He has a pneumatic changer, and that makes things super easy. The big, wide rears are not as fun to do by hand.Ā 

Motion Pro Bead Pro worked great!

ABLVV864G6_SteUDcy8KmYYQ1yamd0wvkKzr9Q2R

I noticed a pretty decent dent in the rim. I am not sure when that happened. I don't recall hitting anything with that much force, but it could have been 2022. The wheel holds air just fine, but I'll be on the lookout for a spare front.Ā 

ABLVV84TxTIwVumX7kbMA6NbY4eA93z3_AGHgOgI

Fresh meat!

ABLVV86CUYif2fs0EBC6mDPBOwxhyKfqLImLCrdx

ABLVV877LWx94VAOqmQZK6_s_LmhbAhHL-z8_u-f

You do what you have to when your friend has the tire changer! I might have been able to fit the front on there too, but I knew I could do it pretty easily by hand.

ABLVV85a2Q0wl0ugTcgMmmThDu4bwQaJyyGbuaTe

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 1:30 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Who's Hayabusa is that!

Ā 

That was my 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa "Desert Runner" edition, carrying 10.3 gallons of fuel and 1.25 gallons of ice water. I rampaged throughout the Desert West for 12 years on this beast.

image.thumb.png.26b4d268bbf99e1a23ed2bead25a1152.png

image.thumb.png.8c6ace74b9f51244611771ab74e1e814.png

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Warchild said:

That was my 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa "Desert Runner" edition, carrying 10.3 gallons of fuel and 1.25 gallons of ice water. I rampaged throughout the Desert West for 12 years on this beast.

image.thumb.png.26b4d268bbf99e1a23ed2bead25a1152.png

image.thumb.png.8c6ace74b9f51244611771ab74e1e814.png

Very cool and hot at the same time

I don't know if my heart could take it

Literally

Yeah that looks like a nice little gentleman's Express for the desert

you need that extra tank!

At speed what did you get maybe 38 miles per gallon

Or

Did you drop the rear sprocket a few teeth

cus lordy that thing has enough torque to get into sixth and just idle along

I'm sure you ran a valentine and other gizmos

back in the day I had a cobra hideaway CB, which was as small as you could fit in like 79 with the added channels to get up to 40. I boosted it to 5 Watts with a k1 tuned monofilament antenna so I walked all over anybody close

It just had the handset with two-way speaker with all the controls in it just like the CHP mounties

I braced the antenna but I still at "Speed" it was scary

I ended up shortening it a bit too much but damn that's all we had in those days for motorcyclists

I did also have one of the original what was it fuzz busters

And up until recently I've always run a Rd

I'm sure you had all sorts of neat stuff on that thing and probably maybe still do on what you're running now

The Hideaway and a couple of k1 are still on the shelf

Did you have a cooling vest that you ran the one and a half gallons through?

And maybe a mister?

The little one and a half pint pressure bottles you can buy 10 for 20 or something are great

just pull it out of the tank bag and whack yourself

I also have one that pumps up with ice in a jacket. it has long small diameter high pressure hose connected to an 1/8" little brass adjustable spray nozzle with a little rotary valve

I just shoot in my upper quadrant

When you hit your face just remember to take your glasses off first

Soak down your "Headsweat" (I Don't Wear no do-rag) and even your helmet if you're careful with the speakers. I just use a little 16 oz bottle of water and dump it on my shirt under my mesh and sometimes I get hypothermia cuz I run cold to begin with šŸ„¶

But for the last 40 plus I've managed to survive with 80% humidity here a lot of the summer

War baby post more shots of what you're running now close up

Maybe start a new thread or in your gallery which I don't know how to get to if you had one LOL

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

54 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

War baby post more shots of what you're running now close up

Maybe start a new thread or in your gallery which I don't know how to get to if you had one LOL

Sure, I'll go start another thread on the new Desert Runner - this version is considerably lighter and more nimble:

image.thumb.png.d6bf87c727821b570282ba593a7916b7.png

• Thumbsup 2

I removed the seat cover. I'm going to work over the seat and do a new cover for it.Ā 

ABLVV85psypJv5OKL1zItE1xrYtgOjjTHp0XMtzR

Honestly, I'm an oddball, because I found the stock seat to be quite comfortable, especially after the seat slope mod. It still isn't all-day comfortable, so I plan to fix that.Ā 

• Like 1