How old are you?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
55. i called in to the local Yamaha dealer to take a look at an MT10, and got talking to the salesman, he asked my opinion on the 900 tracer (fj) i told him i thought Yamaha had done a good job, a good bike, he then said "Yep it was designed with the 50 plus motorcyclist in mind, and is a big hit with the target group" made me feel old, looking at the results of this poll, crap looks like i'm riding an old mans bike.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
77 A bunch of bikes behind me and this one is the best for me at this age. It's not a bike for geriatric riders, it just works for us because if we drop it on us we can still crawl out from under. Try to get out from under a 600+ lb Moto Guzzi and you'll see. 

Anyway, one of the best all-around bikes I've had and still fun. 

I just checked. it has been two years since I checked in on this thread. 
Even though I have generally given up on celebrating these unfortunate anniversaries as counter productive, the time still continues to pass..

So, 74 just now, and will be that until July of next year. Purchased my FJ-09 at the end of '15 and now have just shy of 30,000 mi on it. I kept my FJR1300 for a year or so and put an additional 10K on it before finally deciding the FJ-09 was configured to my satisfaction and could let go of the FJR.

I like it just fine now and will keep it for the foreseeable future. I do note that the the FJ now becomes the world-bike MT designation and will have two versions. The one basic, and the other, the GT, configured as many on this forum have done already. Apparently Yamaha is listening. You're welcome Yamaha, we are pleased to help with sorting out the bike.

A main reason for liking this bike is how light and agile it is, while still being a very stable and adequately powered bike for long distance riding. I had sort of hoped that they would do a serious attempt at an MT-10 GT, a derivation of the the FZ-10 with bigger gas tank capacity, and the amenities adapted to the MT-09 GT. The FJ-09 is adequately powered, but the engine in the FZ-10 is really very nice. That would put it into the category of the beast like Sport tourer from KTM, the Super Duke 1300 GT, but likely at a more palatable price and maintenance schedule... Perhaps next year. Maybe Yamaha are still listening?

Archived