How old are you?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 1/2. As I said in my new member title, leaving the liter bike......  And that would be for lighter weight bike. And this motor has more than enough stonk for a sport tourer.

Besides, no matter how much stonk my engine has I'm still an old, slow guy. Takes more than horsepower to fix that.

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

58 1/2. As I said in my new member title, leaving the liter bike......  And that would be for lighter weight bike. And this motor has more than enough stonk for a sport tourer. 

Besides, no matter how much stonk my engine has I'm still an old, slow guy. Takes more than horsepower to fix that.
There are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old, bold riders...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was 67 last November. Just a youngster compared to some on this site. Started riding at 14 in 1965 when my dad bought me a new S65 Honda. He gave me the choise between a bike or a surf board. I was hooked when I got a ride as a 5 year old on the back of an Indian a friend of my dad owned. I just remember looking down and watching the ground flowing past, that feeling of flying. I was a goner from that point on. I still get that same feeling every time I ride.

• 1 month later...
Almost 75 and 1/2. And I just bought a used 2015 FJ-09 with 1724 miles on the clock. And just returned home after a 700 mile ride with my 70 year old good friend that also has a 2015 FJ-09.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey wordsmith, I thought about your comment about finally growing up... My response is--- I HOPE NOT! Hell, I'm only 74, going on 16. Just got back from a 2600 mi round trip to visit my sisters near Palm Springs CA, about 1250 Mi each way. Good side trips available along the eastern slopes of the Sierra-Yosemite, Death Valley, June Lake, etc. This trip I detoured through Joshua Tree National Park which will change one's idea of what a desert is like! (Only advantage I can think of being "Older" is the $10 buck life time National Park Pass). I can still do, and enjoy doing long days in the saddle, but knees and other parts do seem to complain. I am told this is "Age related". Two 600+ mile days on the return trip (To Portland, OR). No real need to do such long days, but I sort of do them from time to time because I can...

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Almost 59 yrs old, young what-have-you. When I was late teens early twenties I wanted a huge cruiser with a windshield and leather saddlebags. Since I've turned 50 I have been riding a ZX11 Ninja. Wanted a sport tourer with lightweight. I think I found it. Yee-Haw!

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• 1 month later...
79 - and lucky - tho' no longer riding so I problee shouldn't be answering this!  :'(

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived