How old are you?

Just found this thread. I'm 65, I'll be 66 in October. Retired at 62 so thanks everyone for keeping Social Security solvent!

Started riding on a Honda 90 in 1966 so this year makes 50 years of motorcycles. I have no idea how many there have been, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was awfully close to an average of 1 per year.

I was stationed in Japan in 1972 and 73 and again 1976 to 78. Nothing like getting yer bikes right at the source!

I dunno about 500 mile days any more, as huck said, too many birthdays and too much gravity is hard on the joints. I DO know it's a whole other world in terms of comfort from the '79 Yamaha XS650 it replaced!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skipped over this thread a few times, not sure why it's been enjoyable.  37 years old.  Dad started me riding at 5 with a Honda Z50.  Put a cinder block in the back yard for me to get back on it when I fell off...ok crashed.

Just bought my FJ moving up from an 04 FZ1.  That bike taught me so much and has so many great memories in it.  I admit I'm an inline 4 guy, and I miss it a little but the triple is a great engine.  Dad, FIL, Uncle and I do a "mens trip" once a year together to some place in the country to ride.  This will be my first year taking the FJ and I'm excited.

• 1 month later...
I'm 26 as well.  I bought the FJ-09 because I wanted something to take into the Texas hill country and ride around aimlessly, with no particular goal but to enjoy the countryside and exploit some decent twisties in my spare time (what there is of it).  It's also my first bike!

• 1 month later...
30, but I like touring. apparently this bike doesn't appeal to the younger crowd?
I was actually surprised at the number of votes from the under 35 crowd. It was much more than I expected. I'm 57, been riding since '72, primarily from a motocross background. I've had a lot of naked bikes, dual-sport bikes, and dirt bikes but this is my first "sport-touring" bike.

34 here and although I prefer the performance of a liter-bike, I'm highly satisfied with this one. Rode my buddies GSXR600 the other day and I felt like I was sitting on it the wrong way. I'm not used to the body positioning of crotch rockets anymore, nor do I wanna do long rides on one.

Archived