To beak or not to beak .....

• Premium Member
I should state that since adding the beak to my bike I have experienced women getting out of their cars when stopped at traffic lights to slip me their phone numbers, bartenders waving me off when I start to pay for my drinks, and my arthritic foot has miraculously healed. Not sure there is a direct causal relationship, but the facts - so to say - speak for themselves.
Hmmm. How can I get one of these beak-like devices? ?

Hmmm... Gary should you provide assistance in helping me get my front end pushing in corners... there could be one of these mystical items in your future!! ??

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
I use mods that have a practical purpose .. though I do like and choose those that I think make the bike look better too 8-) . 
I can spend a few bucks on something that's purely cosmetic, but these cost (on special) $250 + shipping over here.   I've seen a couple of posts that say things like .. makes girls get out of cars to talk to you! and I'd be really interested in that if I thought it might work ... and, umm, if I weren't married, but is there a practical purpose to a beak ?

I certainly don't know of a practical purpose for a beak. I do really like the way they look AND for years I have been riding a Super Tenere' and a riding friend has a BMW GS and we have been having this on going thing about the fact that my Tenere' has NO beak! So... my FJ will have a beak. He is going to break up over that!!  

Brick
1999 Suzuki SV650

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
My beak... fee127ee18fcd7cab8437e0706613d37.jpg
60b4ba41b16681204fc16cfbf5e2b15d.jpg
And before beak...
d44c8da1686a2c93b5e0583c68bc1c58.jpg

I found it on sale at Power Bronze at $175 so I did it. I really like the look.

Brick
1999 Suzuki SV650

We are all different and like different things. If we were the same we would have all married the same woman and had the same bike.

I can't say my beak has any other advantage than I think it looks better. My 2000 mile trip to Switzerland showed no disadvantages either, its purely cosmetic.

Ride what you want, fit what you like, paint it any colour you want, do your own thing.....

We are all different and like different things. If we were the same we would have all married the same woman and had the same bike. 
I can't say my beak has any other advantage than I think it looks better. My 2000 mile trip to Switzerland showed no disadvantages either, its purely cosmetic.

Ride what you want, fit what you like, paint it any colour you want, do your own thing.....

We do all have the same bike (/troll)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Crikey, my throw-away comment has stirred some of you up....

• Premium Member
There, I did it too, and then I tucked it away for the winter... :'(   Obviously too, IMHO, it makes the bike look better.  bike_beak.jpg

each to their own - I'd have to hide the bike too, if I had turned it into a doppelganger for a startled platypus.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Although I remain decidedly anti-beak, it occurred to me that if motorcycling was only about function and practicality, Harley's wouldn't have made it past 1962! So if it lights your fuse, then go for it!
Wait...what?  They DID?  Who knew?  P-)