Slipper clutch from the '17 to the 15/16's ?

silverninja

• 11 months later...
  • Supporting Member
Has anybody use the slipper cluth from a 17 or is it the same as the XSR clutch ??
The FZ/FJ/XSR motor is the same. I used this Clutch Kit Its listed as XSR900 but works just fine in the FJ.  Read through all of the past threads concerning this swap.  Its simple and takes about an hour.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
  • Premium Member
Has anybody use the slipper cluth from a 17 or is it the same as the XSR clutch ??
The FZ/FJ/XSR motor is the same. I used this Clutch Kit Its listed as XSR900 but works just fine in the FJ.  Read through all of the past threads concerning this swap.  Its simple and takes about an hour.

So that's it 214 bucks and you got a slipper clutch after an hour's time I think I'm going to put that on my TBD list for this winter!

• Supporting Member
So that's it 214 bucks and you got a slipper clutch after an hour's time I think I'm going to put that on my TBD list for this winter!
Yes, that is correct.  Total cost was $230 with shipping.  If you follow any of the numerous threads on this topic, the install is very straight forward.  If you have ever replaced a clutch pack before, its the same procedure, except you substitute some of the parts when you reinstall everything. After riding with it for several months, I can confirm that the lever pull is indeed reduced, the transmission operation is butter smooth and the best part: when you approach a corner, you can just drop a gear and the rubber dampers absorb the compression and you maintain a line seamlessly without losing traction.

• Premium Member
I have read and followed several threads on the swap from the earliest Japanese translated with pics but don't recall it being so inexpensive and bundled into a package.

Gotta ask she who must be obeyed (see Rumpole of the Bailey) if I can pull the trigger on the CC for it. She's been encouraging me to work on the bikes and start whittling down my maintenance list as a reward for the 100+ days I've spent remodeling the kids house. But there's still much more hammering, cutting, etc yet to do and its tough to work in my shop as it's packed with one huge 2 stage 4 stroke 30" snow thrower and one small 2 smoke thrower and my 3 bikes.

Thanks for the comeback and review of the pack. Lighter clutch pull even more than provided by the new style cable and Boss push lever would be appreciated by my old arthritic hands.

• Supporting Member
I cant verify that 100%, I did mine on the center stand. Personally, I performed my clutch swap at the same time as I was doing an oil change.

Archived