Time for some new tires. What to get?

• Premium Member
As for the rear tire, going with either the Michelin Road 5 or Pirelli Angel GT, you can't go wrong. Personally, as much as I like having the same tire front & rear, if you happen to ride in wet conditions, the Angel GT might prove better at moving rear-tire water. I'm just curious, but, does anyone have first-hand experience with BOTH tires (rear wheel only)?
I wore a set of Angel GTs down to the cords before trying out the PR5s this time. 
Both are great but, unless these PR5s wear exceptionally fast (I've already got 8,000 km on them and they hardly look touched), I'll be getting get the PR5s again next time.

• Supporting Member
Metzeler Roadtec 01 - I don't know why these aren't recommended more often. Better dry grip that Pilot Roads, more longevity than Angel GTs.

They currently offer a $50 Rebate through the end of August on a set.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I had a couple of Metzeler Roadtec 01 on my XSR900 - and what a tire! Really good overall! Great confidence in dry riding, and even more in wet riding conditions. Was really impressed by that tire!

I chose to have the Bridgestone T31 installed on my GT, just to try them. So far, after 1100km, they're quite good! Haven't tried them in rain yet, because it just doesn't rain anymore.
I think I'll get the Roadtec 01s again later :)

Thanks for this link, Went with the PR-5 Rear and they had the best price I could find... and they shipped outta Memphis so I got them in like 2 days.
You chose well grasshopper... wore out my first set of PR5.... what a ride! PS. 12k miles of HARD traveling.

20180708_182928.jpg

I've got road 5 on mine also. Have 4k miles on them and they still look new. A little pricey but it's worth it IMP. Grip is good, I'm not a super agressive rider, so they are perfect for me. Also hold up great in wet weather. I've tested them once in a downpour and was very confident.

Angel GTs on sale now (July 2018) for $220 a set at Cycle Gear Stores/catalog.

Mounting $25 per if you are near a store (wheels off bike).

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
Angel GTs on sale now (July 2018) for $220 a set at Cycle Gear Stores/catalog. 
Mounting $25 per if you are near a store (wheels off bike).

cb

Where are you seeing this sale?  I just checked the Cycle Gear website and a set of Angel GT is $370 and the Angel St is $230.

**EDIT**  I just checked RockyMountainATV/MC and they have the Angel ST on sale for $214 plus a $50 rebate per set!!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***