Full face helmets with internal drop down visors.

I've been looking for a new helmet with a dropdown internal visor. Any suggestions, reviews? Looking at the high end Shoes GT-Air down to a AGV. Thanks!

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Supporting Member
I have the Shoei GT-Air and LOVE it. The drop down sun visor is very nice and the helmet is very quiet.
The most important factor to consider when buying a helmet though is head shape, not all L or XL are the same, not even close.
I previously had a Scorpion helmet and after a few hours of riding it put a lot of pressure on my forehead, with my GT-Air I can ride all day long with no discomfort whatsoever, it fits like a glove.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I have a Schuberth. It’s light, quiet, well made, easy to take care of, made from very high quality materials, and at times hot. The drop down is nice and crystal clear. The he pin lock visor works well. It’s hot though when sitting in traffic. That’s my only gripe.

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
Everyone's recommendation for fit is exactly right for them, but may be completely wrong for you! As Betony said above, you really have to watch the shape of the helmet, and try on a lot of brands to see which ones fit you the best. Once you find a brand that fits, good chance that this brand will be something you can come back to and get a good fit on other helmet models, although that isn't 100% true.

Not sure how folks can buy helmets off the internet, I always spend a few hours trying them on before I can find one that fits me well enough to buy.

ymmv

• Premium Member
I have a Nolan N87 and couldn't imagine owning a helmet without a drop-down sun visor. The visor is really good optically, clear and true with just the right amount of tint.
Overall, the helmet is pretty solid for a lower-priced lid. Perhaps not the quietest or best venting, but comfortable, stylish, and high quality.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n87-helmet

I had IS- 17, large, great fit initially, but loosened up too much quite quickly. Also internal visor spring return went weak leaving it halfway up.Seemed a big shell and lots of padding with a bit of a round shape, medium was too tight on forehead. Bought RPHA 11, medium, very snug fit, more oval, and still doesn't move at speed, brilliant helmet, light but no drop visor. Now bought RPHA 70 (piotrek pic) which is same fit as 11 but with visor, just  a tad heavier. So...I'd give thumbs up to rpha 70, pic below, but that's just for my head shape. Therein lies the problem of recommendations, were all different. Btw. Some complain of internal visor misting. I use mine slightly down, like a car sun visor. 

20180824-104902.jpg

I've been looking for a new helmet with a dropdown internal visor. Any suggestions, reviews? Looking at the high end Shoes GT-Air down to a AGV. Thanks!
I recently bought a Bilt modular model with a drop down visor. I love the visor feature and find it works well and is easy to use. Does not seem to fog as long as you are moving. 
The helmet itself is OK for $119. It has loosened a bit after 50 hours of use but fits me well and seems a good value for the $$.

I had Shoei modular previously, but I am now replacing helmets after a few years of use.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Not so brilliant as the positioned the slider for the drop down right where you want your BT commander unit...
Mmmm. Not sure about Mr Creosotes viewpoint. Here's mine in close up . You decide. But if the helmet doesn't fit properly, it's not going to matter anyway. I tend put sena a bit further back on any helmet, to stop wind noise. Putting my hand back another 2" doesn't make any difference to operation for me.  

IMG-3888.jpg

IMG-3889.jpg

• Like 1

+1 to what others said re fit.

If Snell is important to you (it isn't to me, consider it marketing bs) that's going to be a factor. Last time I checked they still weren't certifying anything with an internal visor.

Personally, will never own another helmet without an internal visor for street riding. Like the value for money with Scorpions and have been using them for several years now.

• Supporting Member
I have a Scorpion EXO-1100 it is a couple of years old but I really like it. The helmet is noisier than my past Shoie but the price was right. My only complaint is the cost of replacement shields and how easily they scratch.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

+1 to what others said re fit.  
If Snell is important to you (it isn't to me, consider it marketing bs) that's going to be a factor. Last time I checked they still weren't certifying anything with an internal visor.

Personally, will never own another helmet without an internal visor for street riding. Like the value for money with Scorpions and have been using them for several years now.
Not that it matters to me, but the helmet in my pic with drop down, is gold ACU (racing) rated. 

This next helmet in the spring will be a Modular Bell Helmet with the transitions visor. They have the inside screen but have the option of buying a transition visor for them. The visor gets darker in the sun and if it's still too much sunlight you can use the sun visor also. Don't have to have a dark visor and a clear with you for day to night riding. Bell has 2 versions/price ranges of their Modular Helmets. For non-modular helmets, they have 1 with the transitions visor included for 249.00. Not sure on the fit or noise yet. Going to go by the local Bell Hemet dealer....Harley shop, and see how they fit. I'm a Modular HJC wearer at this time. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!