{Tracer} Sargent seat update

• Premium Member

Just finished emailing back and forth with a contact at Sargent about seats for the Tracer. He confirmed that their FJ seat will not fit on the Tracer but are working on it. He said that they plan on getting a Tracer in there and hopefully in a couple months they’ll have one ready. I’ve even offered to loan them mine if it helps since I live semi-close to them (approximately 6 hours away).

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I would be interested in one, if and when they come out with one.

Here is my Tracer seat on an FJ09, you can conclude that the JF09 seat is too long for the Tracer.IMG_8331.thumb.jpeg.ecc34e89f7632bcfd021294b697c98b7.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

• Premium Member

I’ll definitely be keeping my mind on it. I’ll reach back out to him in a month and see what progress has been made. 

On 2/5/2019 at 10:33 PM, Chris Pope said:

Just finished emailing back and forth with a contact at Sargent about seats for the Tracer. He confirmed that their FJ seat will not fit on the Tracer but are working on it. 

This is interesting.. So they are saying there is actually a difference in seat between the US and EU/rest of the world model?

2 hours ago, bugie said:

This is interesting.. So they are saying there is actually a difference in seat between the US and EU/rest of the world model?

In Canada (and US?) , in 2018, the Tracer replaced the FJ, it has the upgrades which include an upgraded and different seat, same as the GT I think.  I recently purchased a 2018 Tracer 900.

• Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, captfire22 said:

In Canada (and US?) , in 2018, the Tracer replaced the FJ, it has the upgrades which include an upgraded and different seat, same as the GT I think.  I recently purchased a 2018 Tracer 900.

My understanding was the FJ-09 was the US name and the Tracer was the name in the rest of the world. So you guys seem to have finally gotten in line with the rest of the world 😂

In terms of seat I believe there are some variances in the Tracer 2017 and 2018 which would explain the fact that in the retailer distinguished between the FJ-09 and Tracer. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, bugie said:

My understanding was the FJ-09 was the US name and the Tracer was the name in the rest of the world. So you guys seem to have finally gotten in line with the rest of the world 😂

Yes, there has been some confusion here in the past, depending on what part of the world you are in the "Tracer" name may refer to the original design or the new bike.

And to make it more confusing, in the U.S. Yamaha did not release a 2018 model, either FJ or Tracer.  FJ ended as a '17 model and Tracer began as a '19 model, however it was released in the summer of 2018...

Edited by betoney

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bugie said:

He did tell me specifically that the FJ seat would not fit the 2019 Tracer. 

On 2/5/2019 at 2:33 PM, Chris Pope said:

Just finished emailing back and forth with a contact at Sargent about seats for the Tracer. He confirmed that their FJ seat will not fit on the Tracer but are working on it. He said that they plan on getting a Tracer in there and hopefully in a couple months they’ll have one ready. I’ve even offered to loan them mine if it helps since I live semi-close to them (approximately 6 hours away).

Please let them know that we can arrange a group buy, and probably get them some serious sales, but they have to talk to me first. I'd be glad to make them a supporting vendor and they can reach me at fj09forums@gmail.com . 

We deliver sales to reputable companies who want to target Tracer900 owners. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Chris Pope said:

He did tell me specifically that the FJ seat would not fit the 2019 Tracer. 

I confirmed this the hard way: I ordered an FJ seat for my 2019 Tracer and it did not fit.  I got a refund but I had to pay to ship it back.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

• Premium Member
On 2/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, Cruizin said:

Please let them know that we can arrange a group buy, and probably get them some serious sales, but they have to talk to me first. I'd be glad to make them a supporting vendor and they can reach me at fj09forums@gmail.com . 

We deliver sales to reputable companies who want to target Tracer900 owners. 

I received an email back from him this morning. He said he was going to pass the message along to management and R&D. 

He also said that hopefully they will get the mods done soon and any updates he gets he will pass along to me. 

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I haven’t heard anything. I’ll call my guy there Monday and see what the latest is.