{Tracer} Sargent seat update

• Premium Member
On 7/31/2019 at 6:03 PM, roadrash83 said:

So what Sargent is saying is they are expecting the next shipment of granite in any day now.>:D 

Wouldn’t that be Corbin and their rock hard seats??

• Supporting Member
On 7/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, 3sum said:

I was just coming here with the screenshot of the email reply I got from Dane saying the same thing. 

Anyone that will be getting a Sargent when they come out should ask for Dane. I don’t know if they work on commission or not for call in sales, but that’s what I’ll be doing.  He’s helped me out in the past with a custom seat for my Speed Triple when I did a drop-in at their facility and has been very responsive and honest when I’ve emailed him about the Tracer seat. 

He’s a good guy. 

At this point, it has been half a year since your original post, with "maybe" a September ship date.  You could have had a custom seat made months ago.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I received an email today that the seat should be ready to ship at the end of the week. I’m crossing my fingers that holds. 

On 8/1/2019 at 6:21 PM, betoney said:

At this point, it has been half a year since your original post, with "maybe" a September ship date.  You could have had a custom seat made months ago.

Not if you want one from Terry Adcox,he is booked  till end of april.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, 3sum said:

I received an email today that the seat should be ready to ship at the end of the week. I’m crossing my fingers that holds. 

I just received an email from FedEx with a tracking number. Seems my seat will begin its journey my way later today. 

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, KANNON said:

Not if you want one from Terry Adcox,he is booked  till end of april.

Glad to hear that he has more work than he can keep up with, good for him. 😎

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Received it in less than 24 hours after it shipped. Only did a test sit so far but it feels worlds better than the OEM already. 

B9183F13-00C3-4598-A432-BB3053690012.jpeg

2844CECF-F8F7-4583-8544-64E2E768B00D.jpeg

7AA79BFA-E2A5-48AA-999A-1E085DFA7E6C.jpeg

I'm trying to decide on whether to order this seat. Could I trouble you to post a pic with Sargent front and stock rear?

Is the extra width too much? Look odd?

And the forward slope? Much better?

I was about to call them today, but then I read a post here suggesting it really does not cute the slope issue. Thoughts?

• Premium Member

I’ll do my best to remember once I get home to do that. 

I don’t think the extra width looks bad at all. 

I’ve only done the test sit so I can’t speak to the riding but it sure feels better already. 

I think the person that had Sargent use his bike to make it is here. He said the slope was still there and had them redo it last week. I don’t know if that will be their “standard” build or not but the slope never bothered me on the OEM seat, so take that for what it’s worth. I do plan on a ride in the mountains this weekend so I’ll be able to report back more Sunday. 

• Premium Member

There ya go! And yes the blue is a bit lighter and brighter. I think it blends well with the blue stripes on the tank. It’s color G-50.

564A1D67-414B-4474-9E0B-046B0161E64D.jpeg

• Premium Member

I forgot; the silver color E-111 is very close to the silver under the seat. I had my guy there send me a bunch of swatches.  Those two were the closest to me.