dingophil

Unique FJ-09 paint job or styling?

I found some really cool photos of companies doing "special edition"-type paint jobs. I'm wondering if anyone on the board has gone beyond the 3M wheel tape. I have the matte grey bike and have been thinking about spicing things up.

Examples:

Xt7ntpf.thumb.jpg.1e1364f9ae60b2ba9f0eefd32e8edd49.jpg3_web-720x562.jpg.9a2c38b48435ed413a59081da6238ed9.jpg859265.jpg.682a6544c2785054d657ecf393f7cd9f.jpg859229.jpg.d554a617b919bf833b2d17731fc274e0.jpg859235.jpg.f3168d0480d90330510fc70423b868f6.jpg

I always admire the custom paint jobs I see on other motorcycles. But when it comes to dishing out my money on fixes/improvements, I can't seem to find the money for new paint. There are an infinite number of things to change/fix/improve on our bikes, I just don't think changing the paint is high enough on the priority for me. Others have done a great job with the aesthetics, but I just spend my money on keeping it running and improving the ride/performance.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Those are all very cool! Only painting work I've done was on trackbikes and it was nothing to brag about haha!

By far the most appealing custom paint job I've seen (pix of) was a black and gold John Player race-car-like approach.   I thought it extremely tasty, and is on my bucket list when Mrs W wins the lottery.

Can anyone here recall that pic, and even maybe re-post it?

• Thumbsup 1

33 minutes ago, dingophil said:

Found it in another thread:

Gold_FJ.jpg.6409284560ed9acbbfc0fc051aaa0f42.jpg

Yep, thats the one.  Very nice!

• Thanks 1

I think they called the yellow one the bumblebee. I'm scared of ruining such a good thing, but these show that with good vision and creativity something completely different can work.

11 hours ago, betoney said:

Yep, thats the one.  Very nice!

Very, very tasty, and IMHO not at all overdone.   Thanks to dingophil for finding and posting!

• Thumbsup 1

I have always liked the classic yellow and checkered stripe on the old Yamahas... Not a fan of the "shopping list" body work that's filled in with brand logos and brand logos and brand logos...