Cell phone mount that isn't an X-grip

bluestreak1500

I currently have an X-grip phone holder, and it presses the volume and power buttons on my new phone.  I just can't get a position where the buttons are clear.  

I have a CosmoMoto ram style ball mount, so I'd like to stay with that mounting style.    Can anyone recommend a different phone mount?

• Thumbsup 1

My new holder arrived today. It will not work with my Otterbox Defender  (I assumed it wouldn't based on description) but it will most likely with a thinner case. The pockets are not tall enough to handle the thickness of the multilayer case. It does seem well built and does contain the uncased phone VERY securely. I am leaving on a multi day trip Tues. Will leave further details after the trip.

• 4 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Reviving this thread.  After putting up with the X grip pressing on the power or volume buttons on my Samsung S7 edge, I ended up buying the universal 3m Quadlock adaptor that simply sticks to any case(most) or phone.  I opted for a ram mount style adaptor as I already had that 'system' on the bike. This is what I bought.

Married that up with the Tom Tom Go mobile app and my Cardo Freecom 2+ helmet comms and I now have flawless turn by turn instructions when required in a nice compact design.

Only downside (if it could be called that) is that my home wirelesss charging dock won't charge with the extra space created at the back of the case by the stuck on adaptor - even though it is quite low profile.  I have an identical case (knew there was a reason I bought two a couple of years ago!) and so a simple matter of changing over when at home.

Thanks go to @jdavis for putting me on to this setup.  Cheers. 👍

1440225081_Quadlock_phone.thumb.jpg.064eba1e37fbbbc22fd3319fb500cb4e.jpg

Ram_Mount1.thumb.jpg.461670bfd3db16092753fc5649ec276d.jpg

Ram_Mount2.thumb.jpg.675a7f5cf87a9b6e7145c9fe2da4fd2e.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

I had the x grip and hated it and bought a quad lock and will never have anything else. The x grip always hit the volume or power button on my iPhone and it was a pain to take a quick picture. The quad lock is super fast on and off the bike and I don’t even have to take my gloves off which is nice. 

• Thumbsup 3