OEM Yamaha Parts

Does anyone have a recommendation for a on line source for OEM parts. I go to my dealer they don't have the parts I'm looking for in stock and it's a two week wait before I can pick them up, so why am I going?

27 minutes ago, Ddog gt said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a on line source for OEM parts. I go to my dealer they don't have the parts I'm looking for in stock and it's a two week wait before I can pick them up, so why am I going?

I’ve most recently bought from Pro Caliber, but I usually start by looking on eBay and Amazon. 

Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

In addition to those...

yocracing.com. A real Yamaha dealer still owned and operated by a local racing family. Bought the FJ-09 there but was buying parts from them for my other Yamahas long before that. Even with local sales tax and shipping they usually beat other online shops. They don't offer free shipping but there's a perpetual discount code "Time To Ride" that last I checked took another 5% off everything.

partzilla.com (same as boats.net)

Oh, and did the accessory exhaust from Babbitt's. At the time they weren't charging sales tax in my state and had a pretty aggressive price.

I'll second yocracing.com. I have the same problem with my local dealer, so for the last two years I have ordered all my Yamaha parts through Cucamonga -  I get my parts faster and cheaper (shipping included) than my local dealer. 

Thank you one and all. I found partzilla, but did not know about the others. The last straw was today when I noticed my temp plate expires tomorrow. Called the DMV and they had no record of my vin number. Called the dealer and they said they had to look into it as there is nothing on the computer and have no idea what happened. Do not  know how long this is going to take. How do they stay in  Business ?

Also rockymountainatv for OEM parts and tires.

Have been buying tires and KTM parts from there for a long time and when I purchased the Yamaha was happy to see that they cater for this parts as well.

I have never found a better deal than Rocky Mountain for tires.

Luckily I have a buddy who will mount and balance them for the cost of a lunch with beers - never a better reason than to mount new tires, than lunch and beers. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, Ddog gt said:

I found partzilla, but did not know about the others. The last straw was today when I noticed my temp plate expires tomorrow. Called the DMV and they had no record of my vin number.

I've had really good luck with Partzilla...  pricing in line with the other online vendors, and excellent customer service (accurate, quick delivery, good order status updates).  

That's really ridiculous about the dealer somehow 'losing' your title and registration paperwork.  I'm sure they collected a documentation & processing fee from you specifically to get it done... failed.   I keep hearing these dealership horror stories, and feel very fortunate that I have a good dealership fairly close to home.   Good luck!

On 6/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, Ddog gt said:

The last straw was today when I noticed my temp plate expires tomorrow.

They should give you another temp plate and send in your paperwork. Well they should.........

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
On 6/18/2019 at 10:19 PM, vincep said:

Also rockymountainatv for OEM parts and tires.

I have never found a better deal than Rocky Mountain for tires.

I agree, -the only place that I ever buy tires.  They price match, advertise all manufacturers current rebates and even submit the rebate for you.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***