Phone mounts

What you guys using for a handlebar phone holder.??  I've got a eBay cheapo that clamps to bars and phone zips in case, bit flimsy though. Have seen Quad lock and Ram mount ball jobbies.  Any better than other.? Neither very cheap.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

I use Ram mount holders on street and dirt bike as well as in work vehicle.  No issues at all.

Me too. The RAM has worked for me for 10’s of 1000’s of miles. 

• Like 1

Let’s go Brandon

Which version or combo of RAM mounts have worked the best? 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Premium Member

I use the Ram Mount X-Grip.  I like that I can loosen it up and remove the phone holder part while leaving the ball mount on the handlebars for when I'm not using it.

Also, I use that rubber bit to hold the corners of my phone every time.  I just don't trust the X-Grip on its own, though I've never had an issue.

• Supporting Member
20 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Been looking...lots of options... getting headache.

I’m a huge fan of the RokForm mount on my FJ.   Cons: It’s expensive, and you do have to use the RokForm phone case with their mount.  Pros:  It’s beautifully made, and flawless in how it functions (quick, safe, secure).  

It isn’t cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for...  

334101P-Rokform-Motorcycle-HB-Mount-Hero

Product Description In The Box Video...

• 1 month later...

I have an Ultimate Addons mount, along with the universal smartphone holder.

I've not tried it on the tracer yet so I'll have to see where it fits best.

I've posted elsewhere about the lugs in front of the pinch bolts on the top yoke. Anyone know if they can be used in some way...?

I use the UltimateAddons one shown here in the pic. Fully waterproof, can use the phone screen through it and it's sealed in rubber inside so fully protected. Bonus of being able to charge it whilst on the bike too. Well worth the money IMHO

20190920_071251.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

I use top left handlebar clamp bolt, 2 or 3 washers so ball is raised allowing better movement. Ultimate addons s9 case. Detach phone in seconds for taking photos, sat nav (Waze)  etc. I also got the 3 inch extension but don't use it, and is a pain in the arse to use, bolt too short and fall's apart. Good kit and recommended on here. 

• Thumbsup 1