Near-new fully farkled GT for sale in Australia

wordsmith

With the greatest reluctance I am putting up for sale my 2019 Tracer GT, old age and some growing infirmities making it essential, I’m afraid to say.  I won’t post a full-scale ad here – any Oz riders or interested would-be GT owners please PM me here and I’ll send you a full description with no bullshit - below is an introduction only..   A BIKESALES ad will appear in due course.  Don’t cry for me, Traceristas…

P1050713.JPG

"This bike has had one ultra-fussy geriatric owner who has lavished care and dollars to make it an excellent all-rounder, fully-equipped with hundreds of dollars-worth of desirable after-market enhancements, but definitely no bling.

These extras (will be) are listed below, but it’s important to highlight two costly and very worthwhile enhancements.  

First – the $2100 suspension upgrade using Rolls-Royce-quality K-tech components from the UK, the installation and tuning work having been done by professional suspension gurus at Ride Dynamics, Yatala.   The vast improvement over stock has to be experienced to be believed. 

Second – and complementing the suspension work to give unparalleled rider comfort – is the brand-new $540 beautifully-crafted imported BAGSTER custom seat, constructed with premium BULTEX foam.

This 2019 Tracer GT has been on the road for less than five months.   It is a 2019 build, bought brand-new by me and first registered in July 2019.    It now has a mere 7132km on it, mostly of gentle touring, and with a full 18 months factory warranty and seven months rego remaining".   

Edited by wordsmith
  • Sad 4

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

@wordsmith ....I understand....probably better than some Wordsmith....I hung my helmet up 4 years ago...I got it

back out this summer, at the age of 72, and decided I WILL NOT QUIT !

a friend was telling me a story about this 89 year old guy that he knew that was still riding, and I ain't

there yet.......

good luck with all your endeavors, and I hope the health improves man......

• Thumbsup 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

Wordsmith...….sad that you are parting ways with the Tracer and motorcycling.  Glad you lived long enough to walk away with your body intact and hopefully some great memories.  I have enjoyed your posts.  Best of luck to you.  

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member

When it’s time it’s time wordy...better to go out on your terms (as much as possible).  

I hope you’ll stick around these parts and continue contributing in your unique style...the Fireside chat section can use a boost. Best wishes to you and Mrs. Wordsmith!

• Thanks 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

I can't say I am not shocked by your notification !

Since I acquired my GT a few months ago you have become my forum hero!

I hope you get a quick sale to seal off the anguish of the decision and send us the odd post on your future 4wheel travels.

Best wishes.🌞

• Thanks 1

OMG!!!  This is VERY sad news Wordy.  You are a motorcycle role model for me and I am sorry to lose you.

But, as I contemplate prostate surgery, I know life brings inexorable changes to us all.

I'll miss your insight, passion and compassion.

I don't know what happened on your recent tour, but if it was not good maybe a 3 month cooling off period before deciding to sell might be appropriate?

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

1 hour ago, nhchris said:

I don't know what happened on your recent tour, but if it was not good maybe a 3 month cooling off period before deciding to sell might be appropriate?

Thanks, nh - that's not a bad idea at all!   It so happens that the next three months or so - our summer - are usually hot, humid, wet, steamy, and not at all conducive to enjoyable motorcycling-for-pleasure.   Sort-of Florida like, I believe, 90/ 90.   

I well recall that my last Tracer - lovely Lava Red - was collected by me on December 23rd or thereabouts last year, and sat rarely used for the better part of three months.   I cannot handle heat and humidity at all well - even standing in the garage trying to pull my helmet on over a sweaty forehead, ATGATT already clinging damply to my bod, is a summertime chore that takes the pleasure out of riding.   I suspect that much the same will occur this coming summer, which is already making its presence felt. 

I shall ponder on same, nh - thanks for your kind observation.   Nothing that contributed to my decision 'happened' on my recent tour, but I am left with some lingering muscular strains (I assume) and pains in my right arm that makes bike handling tricky at present - even using the mouse as I type this is painful.   So a decent amount of time off would probably help things - I'll try it, while leaving the GT 'for sale' still.   (The painful and restricting shoulder bursitis seems to have been fixed).

I do/ did have one last long-ish trip in mind after the recent 4500km foray, and maybe if I defer parting with the GT that trip might wait until around Easter next year.  The thought may keep me going as I cower indoors sheltering from the slings and arrows of outrageous tropic weather!   Thank Dog for air-conditioning... 

Good luck with the prostate surgery.   I visited my own (excellent) GP several weeks ago to have checked-out some mildly abnormal internal goings-on.   Asking me to lie down on his surgery bed, and to roll over onto my side, pants and Y-fronts pulled down, he exclaimed "just gonna do a quick probe", at which his gloved finger was up my ass!  No preliminary kissing, afterwards no phone-call, no flowers, no dinner-date, whatever...... I hope you have a better experience.   (PS - all was well!).

P1050388.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Very sad to hear this Wordy, that is a cherished bike, well sorted, so no rash decisions please.

I very much enjoyed reading about your recent east coast jaunt, bringing back some great memories from 94 for me, a fantastic part of the world. I won't be getting a Bagster seat if this is what follows. 

Hope you keep in touch with the forum.  

Ps. Maybe this is what the 700 is for.??   🤔

My doctor gleefully claims I"ll be "pissing like a race horse" when he's done boring me out with his laser.  I'd settle for miniature - pony level function but that does not seem to be an option.

As far as riding and weather go -- I now pick my days carefully.  Too hot, too cold, no go.  In my youth I got satisfaction out of suffering.  The worse the better, I'd survive and be stronger!  (Ill affects of too much Catholic school I believe.)  Now it's about enjoyment and pleasure.  Nothing to prove anymore. What a relief.

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, nhchris said:

My doctor gleefully claims I"ll be "pissing like a race horse" when he's done boring me out with his laser.  I'd settle for miniature - pony level function but that does not seem to be an option.

As far as riding and weather go -- I now pick my days carefully.  Too hot, too cold, no go.  In my youth I got satisfaction out of suffering.  The worse the better, I'd survive and be stronger!  (Ill affects of too much Catholic school I believe.)  Now it's about enjoyment and pleasure.  Nothing to prove anymore. What a relief.

@nhchris I Had the green light procedure Over ten years ago, just listen to the Doctor and you will be going like a race horse. Be happy you will have the winter to recover, not that you will need that long👍

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member

@wordsmith , glad to hear you are taking some time to think it over. Remember you don't need burn through half a tire in one ride with a stock seat! In the mean time, I hope no one down-under buys your well-farkled GT!!😉

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, wordsmith said:

No preliminary kissing, afterwards no phone-call, no flowers, no dinner-date, whatever......

@wordsmith - All true wordy, however it does mean that your are now officially engaged!  And that's because he'd chosen to wear your ring. 😲