Random...but is this a Canadian thing?

5 hours ago, BBB said:

Nodding at oncoming riders is more common here. Weโ€™re jolly sophisticated over here you know ๐Ÿ’‚๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Yep always nod, going too fast to take a hand off the bars๐Ÿ˜

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

In Denmark where i live most people wave, apart from HD drivers. Butย if you just paid $75.000 forย  your new Road Glide Limited(starting price) You probably can't mobilise energy to wave๐Ÿ˜€

That will buy almost four tracer 900 (three Gt's)

P1010653-3.jpg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

I alway wave to anyone on motorised two wheels and generally get some sort of acknowledgment (not always a wave, sometime a nod). But HD and BMW GS riders rarely wave or nod back I have found.

Are you waving your whole hand or just the one finger?ย  LOL!ย  Harley riders are a bunch of wavers.ย  ย Cheese eaters not so much, key up the theme song to Moving On.ย  It was a TV show.

• Haha 1

Well, aren't we special!ย ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Premium Member
On 4/29/2020 at 6:11 AM, fddriver2 said:

My name is Fddriver and I'm a waver. (sounds like an introduction at an AA meeting, not that I would know, just sayingย )

Sometimes people wave back, sometimes they don't. In my experience it's a mixed bag as to who waves back. Sometimes it's the HD people who don't, sometimes it's the sport people who don't. I don't take it personal.ย ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I try to wave, but sometimes I don't see someone until it is a little late. I'm sure a few folks thought I was a clod for not waving back, but I do the best I can, and sometimes, I'm preoccupied with riding.........

• Supporting Member

I pretty much wave at every bike I see, whether I'm riding, outside washing the bike in the driveway, walking the dog, driving in my truck, whatever... ย  That said, I'm also one of those guys that smiles and says hello to just about every random stranger I meet, so apparently I'm not overly selective.ย 

Here in southeast Texas, almost everyone waves back.ย ย  I may not fit in with the Bandidos crowd, but I almost always get some sort of acknowledgment back from them.ย ย  Honestly, I just assumed it was that way everywhere, so I'm surprised to read otherwise in some of the previous responses.ย ย 

• Thumbsup 2

its pretty cool to see different aspect from different region. I am glad its just not a me thing as it would of made me the odd ball ๐Ÿ˜…. Thank you guys for answering such a random question and satisfying my curiosity.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

I pretty much wave at every bike I see, whether I'm riding, outside washing the bike in the driveway, walking the dog, driving in my truck, whatever... ย  That said, I'm also one of those guys that smiles and says hello to just about every random stranger I meet, so apparently I'm not overly selective.ย 

ย 

That kind of thing will get you some strange looks here in SOFLA.ย  ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 3

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"ย  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I wave all the time...even to elderly people on their Mobility Scooters!ย  Yes, the HD folks rarely wave...too busy practicing their "Harley Frown" I guess...though when I had a big Harley I was a Waver (I wonder if I had the Harley Frown?)

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Heyyy, another Edmontonian, kool :)

Yep, we usually wave here - or a low-left arm out so as to differentiate from a left hand turn signal.ย  A nod if my hands are busy.

2015ย FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts: ย Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

That kind of thing will get you some strange looks here in SOFLA.ย  ๐Ÿคฃ

Or it might get me a date...ย ย  It's all about having a positive outlook on life's journey!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

I wave or nod when my hands are occupied.ย  I find the wave during overtaking to be awkward, but I try.

I drove a VW bus years ago.ย  The Brotherhood of the Microbus always waved to each other.ย  ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/ย  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise