Seat Slope Mod

5 hours ago, RaYzerman said:

The 2023 has not been released in North America.......... reportedly leftover 21's and 22's to get rid of.....

Yamaha did not supply their dealers with any sufficient bikes last year ... that is until about September when they began flooding dealers with bikes. I bought my 22 T9GT from a dealer who ahd gotten 7 tracer GT in September and who was fearful he had to carry them all winter (I think Yamaha floor plan only covers one month interest, then the dealers have to pay the interest). He discounted them by $3000 off of list (plus fees). 3 sold right away including me buying one at $12,249 plus taxes and fees. He then raised the price of the remaining 4 to 13,988 and didn't sell a one for two months. He again lowered the price to 12,988 and sold three in Jan. and Feb. He still has one left at that price now. I am on good terms with our local dealers. The new Tracer is not selling well in the US; much better in Europe. THere are tons of '22s and even some new '21 on the market. Yamaha announced earlier that they had no plans to introduce the T9GT+ in the NA markets. But at the price of that one I would never be interested. Yamaha pulls these kind of stunts. In 1982 they bankrupted 50% of their US dealers by forcing them to order the entire annual supply they wanted in the fall of 1981. Then the economy turned down and bike sales dried up. Dealers were still forced to take them or pay a 3% cancellation in cash right there. THis resulted in the elimination of 50% of their dealers in one year (!) after which Yamaha took their business to other brand dealers and really created the multi brand dealerships we see today.

6 hours ago, Ziggy105 said:

I'm seeing on CycleTrader listings for new T9GT's that are discounted as much as $2600 and low mile used bikes at even lower prices.

I don't know .... prices look pretty normal to me here. On second thought I was forgetting the MSRP was jacked up to $15k and a dealer in CA said this on their listing:

$14,999.00 PLUS FEES -$2,500 FBC DISCOUNT =SALE PRICE $12,499.00 PLUS FEES

They'd really have to drop absurdly low for me to get past the curvature of the seat and the dash. I expect I can grow to not mind the panniers. 😏

Edited by Grumpy Goat

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• 1 month later...

Hey folks!  JK3D.us is going on a wee bit of a vacation (some travel but also some work on the printers (New hot end carriage and part designs for my custom rigs to improve efficiency), restocking, etc...) May 8th - 26th.    If you wanted to get the Seat Slope mods before June order BEFORE May 8th. 

But... if you want to save some cash, while I am pausing shipping, I am offering a coupon code of 15% off during the break: https://jk3d.us/news/special-may-coupon-code/ (all shipments during that time will happen in the day(s) following the 26th)

I am also testing some options to lower shipping costs for international shipping.  I am testing that with a few shipments right now to see if they are successful. 

Also, seems... again... some Italian folks are trying to knock off my gear ( And, Steven Downer's GPS mount)...  beware of knockoff junk :) (also, wild that the 2 people who are knocking this stuff off are all Italian and independent of one another.)

• Thumbsup 2

Hello Joe,

I purchased your kit a while back for my 2019 Tracer 900 GT and it has been great. Recently i added a 2022 MT-09SP to my garage which has the same annoying forward seat slope. I am hoping that you will offer a kit for that bike soon. I checked your website and FB page but looks like it was still being tested. I will buy it as soon as it's available. 

Enjoy your vacation! 

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

1 minute ago, metallion said:

Hello Joe,

I purchased your kit a while back for my 2019 Tracer 900 GT and it has been great. Recently i added a 2022 MT-09SP to my garage which has the same annoying forward seat slope. I am hoping that you will offer a kit for that bike soon. I checked your website and FB page but looks like it was still being tested. I will buy it as soon as it's available. 

Enjoy your vacation! 

I have a prototype kit here I can send you!  I've sent like 3 of them out and no one has given me useful feedback yet :)    Msg me! 

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joe, I ordered a seat kit for my 2019 during your holiday and took advantage of the discount. Thanks! I am total stoked and looking forward to it. I'm tired of feeling like I have to hold myself rigid all the time so I don't slide. Can't wait!

• Thumbsup 1

13 hours ago, motopete said:

Hi Joe, I ordered a seat kit for my 2019 during your holiday and took advantage of the discount. Thanks! I am total stoked and looking forward to it. I'm tired of feeling like I have to hold myself rigid all the time so I don't slide. Can't wait!

Guessing yours is one of them I just dropped off at the post office.  I've been hustling for 3 days to get all the orders filled :)  

Thanks for your order!

• Thumbsup 1

Clegg78 - Looks like your slope mod business will continue with the 2023 Tracer 9GT+

That crap slope is the first thing that grabbed my attention. Bloody ridiculous.

2023 Tracer 9 GT+ Seat Slope King.jpg

Edited by Grumpy Goat
  • Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

I know most of the people on this forum seem to be from the US or Canada, but I just dropped the international shipping prices down with a new option that is $7 flat rate anywhere in the world (size and weight limited so the seat slope mod and a couple other products make that cut) 

I have some good feedback on the MT-09 part I designed for the seat, I just need to follow up with some feedback with the people testing it.

On 6/5/2023 at 6:30 AM, Grumpy Goat said:

Clegg78 - Looks like your slope mod business will continue with the 2023 Tracer 9GT+

That crap slope is the first thing that grabbed my attention. Bloody ridiculous.

2023 Tracer 9 GT+ Seat Slope King.jpg

I really need to see what the underside of that seat looks like and the mount... From the Yamaha press stuff it sounded like the GT+ has some different adjustment mechanism.  I assume my T9 kit will work since the frame seems to be the same, but...  I live by "Trust but Verify " :) 

• Thumbsup 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2023 at 6:18 PM, Clegg78 said:

Hey folks!  JK3D.us is going on a wee bit of a vacation (some travel but also some work on the printers (New hot end carriage and part designs for my custom rigs to improve efficiency), restocking, etc...) May 8th - 26th.    If you wanted to get the Seat Slope mods before June order BEFORE May 8th. 

But... if you want to save some cash, while I am pausing shipping, I am offering a coupon code of 15% off during the break: https://jk3d.us/news/special-may-coupon-code/ (all shipments during that time will happen in the day(s) following the 26th)

I am also testing some options to lower shipping costs for international shipping.  I am testing that with a few shipments right now to see if they are successful. 

Also, seems... again... some Italian folks are trying to knock off my gear ( And, Steven Downer's GPS mount)...  beware of knockoff junk :) (also, wild that the 2 people who are knocking this stuff off are all Italian and independent of one another.)

Joe mentions Steven Downer's GPS mount.  I just ordered one and its excellent.  His backup is also second to none.  Hope this helps anyone sitting on the fence about whether to order one.  And its a cinch to fit; even by a ham-fisted idiot like me!  I ordered the version you can use with Tom Tom or phone.. The Garmin one is different.  Here's the link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204226173956