Seat Slope Mod

Figure I'd bump this as I've had a number of people email me and msg me here and on FB asking if these were still being made/for sale.   Yup!

2015-2020 Tracers: https://jk3d.us/product/yamaha-tracer-900-gt-seat-slope-modification/ 

2021+ (Works on 2022, every new MY will be evaluated to make sure Yamaha didn't do anything funny): https://jk3d.us/product/yamaha-tracer9-mt09-seat-slope-mod/  

(I know that URL says MT-09....I have a design concept for the MT-09 2021+ model but haven't had anyone actually help me test it after a few people said they were, so I can't sell that part yet.)

• Thumbsup 3

16 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Just realized my inventory was off a bit, showed as sold out on a few things tonight - all fixed :) 

Thanks for this-- ordered one and can't wait to try it on my '22 T9GT!!

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 months later...

adding in my experience on my 22 GT. I bought it more for long term ride comfort thinking it would shift more weight to my glutes and away from my thighs. 

Installed the 8mm one. Had a real bear of a time getting the gas tank bolts to fit ( tank was probably 1/3 full of gas, my mistake). Just came back from a 5.25hr ride (with a 3 min break, 60 min break, and 3 min break), with heavy cross winds. Definitely more comfortable and I think may be what I need to do back-to-back 6-7 hour rides. I may not even need the comfort seat I ordered from the UK. 

• Thumbsup 2

happy to hear it worked for you!   and yeah the fuel tank gets dang heavy toward the back since most of the fuel just hangs out there (I learned that the hard way when I was doing the valve job and struggled to get the dang tank off. 

Happy Riding!

Joe JK3D.us 

Edited by Clegg78

if anyone gets a 2023 Tracer GT or GT+ , I heard there is a supposed to be a new seat mount on those bikes, and better ergos in general.   I am curious what anyone finds, pics under the seat would be nice as well. 

14 minutes ago, RaYzerman said:

The 2023 has not been released in North America.......... reportedly leftover 21's and 22's to get rid of.....

Yup, which is why I am asking our Asian and European friends to lend a hand ;)   I can't go to the dealer and check them out.   Wild that in 2019/2020 you couldn't find a Tracer 900GT on the showroom floor... and it seems the 21/22's are sitting for a bit.   Heck, I flew to SLC to buy my 900GT and ride it 600 miles home :) 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, RaYzerman said:

The 2023 has not been released in North America.......... reportedly leftover 21's and 22's to get rid of.....

Bloody shame that ...

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

3 hours ago, RaYzerman said:

I'm seeing on CycleTrader listings for new T9GT's that are discounted as much as $2600 and low mile used bikes at even lower prices.

Ordered the standard 8mm seat kit for my T9GT yesterday.

Anxious to install it. At the same time I'm going to raise the foot pegs to the upper position but keep the seat in the lower position. Curious to see how that works out for my 29" inseam.