Bucket list rides.

I've done almost all of the top mainland roads here in Europe.

Stelvio, Trollstigen, Transfargarasan, road to the dead end on the Mulhacen among many others.

The Dolomites and Central CH have the most memorable passes: Pordoi, Furka, Grimsel, Sella among a few others.

Only driven a car in US (Cali and NV) - maybe ill do Cali on a bike one day.

Once this bloody pandemic is done, i will be riding Europe on the Niken. Cant wait.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 12/17/2020 at 6:49 PM, DavidS said:

The gravel road goes for about 20-30 yards, and then curves to the right. Just after you get to the end of the curve, the road is adorned with fresh asphalt, and goes for around 20-25 miles following the Snoqualmie river back through some of the most beautiful country in Washington state.

Which road? I am near you. Sounds similar to the Middle Fork Snoqualmie road...

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Premium Member

I've been lucky enough to go to Europe for one week with the Motorcyclist magazine Alps Challenge tour.  It was great fun but like has been pointed out here many times, there's a bunch of roads around here to ride that are damn good too.  I disagree with the Natchez Trace Parkway being a good road to ride.  I think I'd rather take a beating than ride that again.  There's lots of good roads in the Smokies that don't involve flying across the pond.  

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, betoney said:

Well. it looks like one of my planned trips could possibly be delayed for yet another year.  Part of PCH near Big Sur collapsed into the Pacific Ocean.  😫

30xp-pch-photo1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1

A section of the scenic road near Big Sur collapsed after heavy rains.

That has caused me to reroute Odyssey 2021. Oh well, there’s always next year. 

• Like 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, micah2074 said:

Yes, it pays off to be flexible and always have an alternate route/destination just in case.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, micah2074 said:

You shouldn't give up hope *just* yet. You might be able to get as far south as Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd and take that inland. Or alternatively, take it from inland to the coast. The road is worth doing all on it's own anyway. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, koth442 said:

You shouldn't give up hope *just* yet. You might be able to get as far south as Nacimiento-Fergusson Rd and take that inland. Or alternatively, take it from inland to the coast. The road is worth doing all on it's own anyway. 

Unfortunately that road is right in the middle of the closure.  According to Google Maps and Caltrans the closure goes from just south of Big Sur down to Ragged Point.

• Sad 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

22 hours ago, betoney said:

Unfortunately that road is right in the middle of the closure.  According to Google Maps and Caltrans the closure goes from just south of Big Sur down to Ragged Point.

Maybe it's open to "local" traffic? The washout (assuming there is only one) is way further south towards Rat Creek as far as I could tell.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 2/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, estell said:

Which road? I am near you. Sounds similar to the Middle Fork Snoqualmie road...

That is in fact the road I'm referring too, SE Middle Fork Road, just past Snoqualmie Middle School