• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Spray and Wash

7 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

So what is the Yamaclean...Really? Can you buy its equal elsewhere cheaper?

Just like they don't make their own oil, coolant, etc.

It must be the reincarnation of our dear old favorite....     "GUNK."

Sprayed many a can of this stuff into engine bays back in the day!

Edited by nhchris
  • Thanks 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

So what is the Yamaclean...Really? Can you buy its equal elsewhere cheaper?

Just like they don't make their own oil, coolant, etc.

Its biodegradable and can be used straight or diluted, much different than Simple Green???  🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 minutes ago, nhchris said:

Anyway.  That stuff was harsh.

I do want to find something for the wheels and under area. I hate cleaning there. right now its covered with salt dust there.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, betoney said:

Its biodegradable and can be used straight or diluted, much different than Simple Green???  🤷‍♀️

They should have just called it Simple Blue and taken the guess work out of it!

I find the Muc Off cleaner works well. 

904_Nano_Tech_Bike_Cleaner__1_grande.jpg

Description Using our state-of-the-art Nano Tech formula...

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 3/18/2021 at 7:24 PM, rlambke19 said:

What's your go-to "protective treatment"? Wax? ACF50? Ceramic coating?

Rob

Oh, I use several depending on the substrate, time I have available, degree of cleanliness to be addressed, temperature, etc.

I'm careful with ACF50 especially on exhausts and engines, I like several Wizards products, ProtectAll, Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish, etc.  Price and availability factor in as well.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, nhchris said:

Sprayed many a can of this stuff into engine bays back in the day!

Still using GUNK on my 2015. Works like a charm, doesn't hurt the finish and cleans the chain lube off the rear rim nicely. I make sure none gets on the brake pads or rotor or chain. Use kerosene and chain scrubber while the GUNK works in then I'm old school with DAWN dish soap and a sponge. Used to clean my bike while on trips each evening I was so anal. Now it's clean when I leave and I clean it good after a trip. As texscottyd knows living in Texas or Louisiana we get a good coating of bugs almost every time you ride.  I wet the front of the bike a couple of times and let it sit for a few minutes each time to get the bugs soft. I'm down south so we wash or vehicles in the shade also. Have to dry everything after washing with well water. Lots of minerals to make white spots. Still looks good at 6 years old and 16,000+ miles.

Oh yeah, I bought it 40 months ago with only 2,348 miles as I remember. I ride about 5,000 miles a year on it.

Edited by tktplz

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

21 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Which Gunk in particular? Got a pic? Thanks.

This usually  Engine Degreaser Original

But I have used this when it's on sale at Advance Auto for less than the original.   Both are just fine on the finish. I spray the engine under the front sprocket to clean the chain lube that runs down the lower engine. It works great and leave residue or any discoloration of the plastic or metal painted with the flat look. I also use Turtle Wax ICE on all the surfaces of the bike. Works well on flat and rubber, etc. Makes my rubber surrounds of my 1999 Toyota Tacoma rubber bumpers look like new and the flat black factory fender extenders look  like new also. No white left on it like regular wax. A little expensive but comes off easy and doesn't make a mess or white powder. Engine Degreaser Heavy Duty Gel

3b730ec9-a8d1-4b96-bc52-a9e144a55a45_1.ecca8be133b31332f9624e034e8940d9.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

Edited by tktplz
  • Thanks 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Washed the bike today with car wash soap. Went for a ride, hosed it down, and went to town. Rinse then a towel dry and it's all good. Ran the engine for about 5-10 mins and put her away....

• Thumbsup 1
Cheers!

22 minutes ago, hammer said:

Washed the bike today with car wash soap. Went for a ride, hosed it down, and went to town. Rinse then a towel dry and it's all good. Ran the engine for about 5-10 mins and put her away....

Man! You fecked up doing that!

/s

Edited by Waldo Jeffers
Forgot to add /sarcasm
  • Thumbsup 1

11 hours ago, tktplz said:

This usually  Engine Degreaser Original

But I have used this when it's on sale at Advance Auto for less than the original.   Both are just fine on the finish. I spray the engine under the front sprocket to clean the chain lube that runs down the lower engine. It works great and leave residue or any discoloration of the plastic or metal painted with the flat look. I also use Turtle Wax ICE on all the surfaces of the bike. Works well on flat and rubber, etc. Makes my rubber surrounds of my 1999 Toyota Tacoma rubber bumpers look like new and the flat black factory fender extenders look  like new also. No white left on it like regular wax. A little expensive but comes off easy and doesn't make a mess or white powder. 

Gotta be careful with this stuff, though.   It'll straight up dissolve some types of asphalt.  I did a substantial amount of damage to my old driveway cleaning my XJ750's old grungy engine with this.