What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I dropped mine today. Does that count as doing something to my FJ? :)

It's ok - my pants leg got caught on my footpeg just at the wrong moment of balance and I laid it down next to my sister at a stop sign. One or two minor scratches, zero damage. I laughed as much as anything else. 30+ years riding, never had something quite like that happen to me. I'm still laughing.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

It's ok - my pants leg got caught on my footpeg just at the wrong moment .....................
My next project is to take off the damn curb feelers that like to catch pants, oh and I rode it!!!!! 

It's ok - my pants leg got caught on my footpeg just at the wrong moment .....................
My next project is to take off the damn curb feelers that like to catch pants, oh and I rode it!!!!! 

Funny thing is that I've already taken off the feelers... this was just the end of the footpeg. Just bad luck on an oddball thing that's never happened to me ever before. 
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• Premium Member
I made sun shades for the FJ's instrument cluster and my GPS.

First I bought a bit of ABS plastic that's textured on one side:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049MWXM8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I cut a piece and used my heat gun to shape it so it fit the instrument cluster, and attached it with 3M Dual Lock:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90607&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90611&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90629&g2_serialNumber=1

That worked pretty well, so I made another one for the GPS (which needs it much more badly):

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90617&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90620&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90626&g2_serialNumber=1

They don't look too bad, and they do make a big difference, and it was less than $10 in materials (even paying way too much for the sheet of ABS).

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

jimf, you could become a supporting vendor and sell those.  They look good.  Did Rolling Thunder in DC with about 20K other bikes. The little FJ09 drew a small crowd in that sea of HDs...
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Dropped it off @ Traxxion Dynamics to get a Penske 8983 and AK20's installed. Will be a couple weeks at least and will update with pics and a short riding impression.

I am very interested to learn more about the suspension and the service you received.

• Premium Member
New AGV K4 helmet for the wife or kid to ride with me (they're the same size right now). New pair of A* GP Plus gloves because I finally blew a seam on my old pair (2 street crashes and ~ 7 years).

Both on sale at Cycle Gear for $100 each.

Guest rszk

I made sun shades for the FJ's instrument cluster and my GPS. 
First I bought a bit of ABS plastic that's textured on one side:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049MWXM8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I cut a piece and used my heat gun to shape it so it fit the instrument cluster, and attached it with 3M Dual Lock:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90607&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90611&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90629&g2_serialNumber=1

That worked pretty well, so I made another one for the GPS (which needs it much more badly):

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90617&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90620&g2_serialNumber=1
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=90626&g2_serialNumber=1

They don't look too bad, and they do make a big difference, and it was less than $10 in materials (even paying way too much for the sheet of ABS).I had to search for this one. 

Jim, this should be on it's own thread for mods as its a good one.  I just experienced my dash melting on the upper part due to unseasonably high temperatures of 28-30 Celsius!!  Damn it.