What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
^^^ Okay, thanks.  Are they plug and play or were resistors added to get a normal flash rate?  And any difference between front and rear or do I just order two sets of the same?

I'd recommend that TST industries relay for flash rate. https://tstindustries.com/LED-Flasher-Relay-Gen2.html
It's literally a drop in replacement.  Many of them have connectors with tails.  This relay actually has an internal dial that you can control the flash rate with.

• Premium Member
^^^ Okay, thanks.  Are they plug and play or were resistors added to get a normal flash rate?  And any difference between front and rear or do I just order two sets of the same?

They come with resistors. And are set up with automotive "bullet" connectors. The only thing you have to do is make a "pigtail" from the connector end of your OEM blinkers that you are removing.You will also lose the running light function on the front. I went with MotoDynamics flush mount on the front.

flush_mount.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Today I had my second cct fitted, supposedly this one will do the trick permanently, let's hope so. The service guy said if I was paying full retail it was a £600 job ?luckily it's still under warranty, new one has a red dot mark on it.

$600 better be a custom CCT they made on the spot by milling out a chunk of 24kt gold bar stock and assembled on the spot with proper parts and whatnot...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

$600 better be a custom CCT they made on the spot by milling out a chunk of 24kt gold bar stock and assembled on the spot with proper parts and whatnot...
...and that was in royal currency too  x_x .
Yamaha pays the Dealer 1.1 hours to do the swap, and as mentioned parts are under $100. So unless the Dealer gets $450+ an hour.......?

• Premium Member
Typical for a dealership to overinflate costs, etc.
Just like the $300 "break-in" service. Utter hogwash.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Installed the Givi radiator guard and fixed my heated grip issue with the sticking throttle side. I'm really happy with this radiator guard, seems solidly built and while it was a little tricky getting it installed (would've been way easier with an extra set of hands), it's firmly in place and not going anywhere. It'll give a little extra piece of mind from getting a rock to the radiator and ruining a ride/day/week. Helps make the bike look far more complete as well, like it should've been there all along.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-pr2122-radiator-guard-yamaha-fj-09-2015-2016

D4A2804C-CB50-4347-8117-766C09D809DD_zpsqo3ngrtk.jpg

1C264B38-BEE2-43F9-9258-CBED5A65424E_zpseshne43u.jpg

They come with resistors. And are set up with automotive "bullet" connectors. The only thing you have to do is make a "pigtail" from the connector end of your OEM blinkers that you are removing. You will also lose the running light function on the front. I went with MotoDynamics flush mount on the front.

flush_mount.jpg

Great, thanks. 
SoCal
2015 FJ-09 Red of course :)

• Premium Member
Installed the Givi radiator guard and fixed my heated grip issue with the sticking throttle side. I'm really happy with this radiator guard, seems solidly built and while it was a little tricky getting it installed (would've been way easier with an extra set of hands), it's firmly in place and not going anywhere. It'll give a little extra piece of mind from getting a rock to the radiator and ruining a ride/day/week. Helps make the bike look far more complete as well, like it should've been there all along.  
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-pr2122-radiator-guard-yamaha-fj-09-2015-2016

Oh, how I DESPISE the Criminalwealth of Virginia's insistence upon fugly inspection stickerz on our beautiful forks.

Um... Suggestion:

20160520_200455_resized_zps4w3ogkbg.jpg

Visit your local dealer & see about one of these little plates. Clean that fork up! ;) I hate those damn stickers.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Rode out to the Daytona speedway to check out the Bikeoctober fest happenings. It rained part of the day and the FJ09 handled like a champ! I love the road pilot 4 tires. They inspire total confidence in wet conditions. Turn out was ok this year but down from previous years. Maybe the hurricane last week scared some people off? Saw lots of tree debris but everything looked open for business.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Am I seeing things, or is the bottom of the radiator guard attached with zip ties?

• Premium Member

Am I seeing things, or is the bottom of the radiator guard attached with zip ties?
Yes. Some of them are. I went with EvoTech. They have a more robust mounting system. https://www.motostarz.com/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fj-09-mt-09-tracer/evotech-performance-aluminium-radiator-guard-for-2015-yamaha-fj09-mt09-tracer.html?___SID=U

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA