What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I'm looking into going with these off of eBay, very similar to the LighTech adjusters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Chain-Adjusters-Tensioners-2013-2016-YAMAHA-FZ-09-MT-09-Tracer-FJ09-RN29-/391500754244?var=&rmvSB=true
thetruck454, do the LighTech adjusters fit tight against the "flats" on the other end of the axle?

From the picture online it appears the eBay adjusters have some generous tolerances between the axle nut and adjuster. 

On the LighTech, looks about the same?  Check here and zoom in on the picture. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lightech-Chain-Adjuster-Black-for-Yamaha-R1-R1M-2015-2016-/371803309553?hash=item56913445f1:g:spYAAOSwo4pYERwn&vxp=mtr

Regarding the 2 different chain adjusters shown in the last couple posts, how critical is it really for the tolerance of the adjuster to capture the head of the axle. Once the axle is tightened to the proper torque spec. does it make enough of a difference to be concerned?

Once the axle is tight I don't think it matters. Where it does matter is during tightening and loosening the axle nut. The more clearance there is, the more that flat can rotate and the corner can dig into whatever feature prevents it from rotating. As long as the metal is strong enough it's ok, but over time who knows if it will weaken.
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

Has any one actualy purchased and fitted these: www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Chain-Adjusters-Tensioners-2013-2016-YAMAHA-FZ-09-MT-09-Tracer-FJ09-RN29-/391500754244?var=&rmvSB=true.

I would be interested in hearing comments on the quality and usability.

The reason is i purchased these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192114163592?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT i was sceptical as to the quality for the price but was happy with them when they arrived, i couldn't see the difference from the last set of leavers i purchased for another bike that cost four times as mutch.

Finally got her out for a really nice, long ride over to the Gap and back on Friday.

1547006.jpg

1547007.jpg

1547008.jpg

The combination of the Sargent Seat and my gel bicycle shorts worked perfectly - my butt was happy the entire time. The only issue I had was some neck strain from buffeting trying to get back on the interstate at higher speeds.

Otherwise I'm basically in love with this bike for back road riding :D

Installed my side cases and Yamaha lowering links today. Takes a little more effort on initial turn in now but the bike is way more stable setting wheelies down now. I also ended up backing of preload in the rear from 5 to 4.

20170528_201455.jpg

Just added these 2” [strong]‘blind-spot’ mirrors,[/strong] which are invaluable for greatly improving rearward vision. I’ve fitted them on all my bikes over the years – well worth every cent of the $4.70 cost - and only a five-day wait from the on-line vendor..
P1030688r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Just added these 2” [strong]‘blind-spot’ mirrors,[/strong] which are invaluable for greatly improving rearward vision. I’ve fitted them on all my bikes over the years – well worth every cent of the $4.70 cost - and only a five-day wait from the on-line vendor.. P1030688r.jpg

The mirror extenders like these or similar also work well, but at a higher cost:http://koubalink.com/mirror.html 

• Premium Member
Just added these 2” [strong]‘blind-spot’ mirrors,[/strong] which are invaluable for greatly improving rearward vision. I’ve fitted them on all my bikes over the years – well worth every cent of the $4.70 cost - and only a five-day wait from the on-line vendor..P1030688r.jpg

The mirror extenders like these or similar also work well, but at a higher cost:http://koubalink.com/mirror.html
I went with the similar but smaller 1-1/4 inch size from BikeMaster link

Here's a pic.
Bike_Master1.jpg

Thanks, xc and Northern. I haven't seen those smaller mirrors, but they look pretty neat in both senses of the word!   I found on an earlier Tracer that the M Factory mirror risers/ extenders worked very well indeed, with or without adding the small mirrors. These extenders both [strong]lift up[/strong] and [strong]extend outwards[/strong] the OE mirrors - by 35mm and 60mm respectively - and these too greatly improve rearwards vision.   Beautifully made too - $26.60 - [em]see pic...[/em] 
P1030691r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Fitted oem side bags and shorty chinese windscreen. Also replaced the stock windscreen hardware after one of the heads snapped off and another stripped incredibly easily, picked up some new bolts and rubber washers at the hardware store. They aren't black but they're a big upgrade over the janky stock offering. 
v65iG4f.jpg

Any feedback on the windscreen? Was contemplating calling for one via ebay.

Thanks, xc and Northern. I haven't seen those smaller mirrors, but they look pretty neat in both senses of the word!   I found on an earlier Tracer that the M Factory mirror risers/ extenders worked very well indeed, with or without adding the small mirrors. These extenders both [strong]lift up[/strong] and [strong]extend outwards[/strong] the OE mirrors - by 35mm and 60mm respectively - and these too greatly improve rearwards vision.   Beautifully made too - $26.60 - [em]see pic...[/em]  P1030691r.jpg

When using the type of mirror extender above there can be clearance issues with the handlebar controls? 

Fitted oem side bags and shorty chinese windscreen. Also replaced the stock windscreen hardware after one of the heads snapped off and another stripped incredibly easily, picked up some new bolts and rubber washers at the hardware store. They aren't black but they're a big upgrade over the janky stock offering. 
v65iG4f.jpg
Any feedback on the windscreen? Was contemplating calling for one via ebay.
As far as a shorty windscreen goes it works just fine, nice clean air around the helmet and whatnot. It's a little crooked, the holes are not drilled symmetrical which was kind of a bummer but it was $26 so I can't really complain too much I suppose. It's a little thin I feel, flops around a lot when you hit bumps and stuff. Also does not look as good in person as I thought it would. One thing it did for me that I'm grateful for is make me realize that I absolutely want a shorty screen. Chopped the stock one down but I took a little too much off but oh well that thing is useless anyhow.
'17 electric white fj - oem heated grips - oem hard side bags - heated corbin saddle - mra touring screen - motodynamic tail light - baja designs led turn signals - yoshimura full exhaust/fender eliminator - k-tech razor r rear shock/front fork kit - evotech radiator guard - mt-09 adventure pegs - pazzo shorty levers - stainless bar end weights
'19 Husky fe501 - cut off a few things and fixed the fueling