What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Received a GIVI XS307 tank bag from Revzilla. Pretty nice bag, but it doesn't seem to line up straight, and that bothers me more than it maybe should. Probably going back. 

IMG_3936.jpg

I have the same bag and it is cocked just like yours. It bothered me at first but have just lived with for over two years now.

Received a GIVI XS307 tank bag from Revzilla. Pretty nice bag, but it doesn't seem to line up straight, and that bothers me more than it maybe should. Probably going back. 

IMG_3936.jpg

I have the same bag and it is cocked just like yours. It bothered me at first but have just lived with for over two years now.

At this point I’m thinking I can just redrill and tap the panel on the bottom of the bag to keep me from twitching. I really want to like it, but I know after riding for ten hours that would drive me clinically bonkers.

Try filling it. It could just be the way it sat in the delivery packaging and once it is full it will straighten up?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
What did I do to my FJ today?

You mean besides installing shortly levers, a new clutch cable, and (wait for it...) the sweet new Bagster seat that arrived in the mail today?

Well, I took her to the beach to welcome in the new riding season, of course!

FJ_at_the_beach.jpg

What did I do to my FJ today? 
You mean besides installing shortly levers, a new clutch cable, and (wait for it...) the sweet new Bagster seat that arrived in the mail today?

Well, I took her to the beach to welcome in the new riding season, of course!

FJ_at_the_beach.jpg

Awesome you got the seat, I cant wait to get my custom one made next month and hope to as happy as you are.

Mar 6, 2018 3:09:16 GMT -8 BBB said:
Try filling it. It could just be the way it sat in the delivery packaging and once it is full it will straighten up?

Revzilla has already stuck a new one in the mail. Looking at the seems it's definitely misaligned, not just compressed. If the new one isn't any better I'll just redrill the plate on the bottom of the bag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Yesterday I put a Roadsmart 3 on the rear.

Today I put 150 miles on it. :)d7731c65af89c892ee87b2c73c38195a.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I added new adjustable levers (RideItForever levers from rideitmoto.com) I do not suggest you use this brand! The mounting point is loose and feels like they got the specs wrong, ended up using a combination of the new lever end to get desired length and the old lever attach point to get around this issue.

Filled the bars with bar buzz kill, which is a silicone product that contains little beads that supposedly absorb vibration this stuff works pretty good but I suspect that BBs or buckshot work similarly for quite a bit less cost. (I didn't see the BB idea until after I had purchased this stuff)

I didn’t do anything to my bike today but I did book to demo ride the new tracer 900 early April, let’s see how much it’s improved and I will report back findings.
It probably will not arise during a test-ride, but given the adverse comments here about chain-slack (or lack of) on earlier models it will be interesting to see what the newer model (or its Owner Manual) reveals in this regard..

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I didn’t do anything to my bike today but I did book to demo ride the new tracer 900 early April, let’s see how much it’s improved and I will report back findings.
It probably will not arise during a test-ride, but given the adverse comments here about chain-slack (or lack of) on earlier models it will be interesting to see what the newer model (or its Owner Manual) reveals in this regard..

The new models chain is still as tight as the older models , I tested that at trade show.

First decent ride of the season. 110 miles in sunny, but 6 celcius conditions. Still some snow in the road edges in Wales. Heated grips are probably the best farkle I’ve added.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)