What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Well.. I broke down and ordered a McCruise for the FJ. Tried a Kaoko Throttle Lock, which worked fine, but just decided I wanted a more integrated system. If anyone is on the fence about the McCruise PM me for some info / possible discount code.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
Well.. I broke down and ordered a McCruise for the FJ. Tried a Kaoko Throttle Lock, which worked fine, but just decided I wanted a more integrated system. If anyone is on the fence about the McCruise PM me for some info / possible discount code.
You are going to love it!!   I do several multi-state road trips throughout the year and cant believe how often I use it. Did you get the standard switch or the FJR or Tenere switch?

If you have any issues during installation, just ask, many on here have installed one and their instructions are terrific.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

My '15 had its first ever mandatory inspection today (called an MOT in the UK)......and passed with just an advisory for low tread on the front tyre. We don't have to have them until the vehicle is three years old and then every year thereafter.

I know there should have been no problems, but it's always a nervous time.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

My '15 had its first ever mandatory inspection today (called an MOT in the UK)......and passed with just an advisory for low tread on the front tyre. We don't have to have them until the vehicle is three years old and then every year thereafter. 
I know there should have been no problems, but it's always a nervous time.
We have those too in the state of Missouri. Ours is every 2 years though. Although the inspection for motorcycles is basically a VIN check and a once over. My old Husky SuperMoto passed with no mirrors or horn.

'15 FJ09

I couldn't stand the stock windshield, so for my first "mods" I removed the windshield and stock hand guards and I'm running naked for now. Coming from a naked sportbike I don't mind the wind at all——I just couldn't stand the noise it caused in my helmet.

I'll be cutting and painting the stock one soon and getting a larger aftermarket windshield (and hand guards for that matter) in the future.

No windshield is much better than a bad windshield!
How about a mix of both ideas: a cutoff windshield  
Stock windshield deserves to be trimmed down to minimal so as to reduce the awesome wind tunnel it creates.

That's definitely the plan as I think it's the only way to really "get rid" of the windshield without leaving empty holes and support brackets visible. I don't know how it left the factory the way it is, unless all the test riders were 5'6" and under. 
It's a shame the bike doesn't come with a cheap plastic fill panel from the factory to install in the windshield's stead. That'd be too much to ask at this price point I guess—to the work shop to mod some plexi!

• Premium Member
I've been lucky enough to ride to work half the week thanks to good weather here in RVA. Finally coming to grips with all the many upgrades I did this winter.

The new Givi is pretty dang nice. I have the D2122S, not the big honking tall monster everyone seems to love. ( Sorry. To each their own) While it doesn't move the air over my head, the shape & design just spills smooth air on my helmet. No turbulence, no buffeting, no howling noise, just smoother, quieter airflow now. 

The new forks and shock are stupendous. This, by far, is the best bang for the buck I have spent on the FJ. It's completely transformed. So much smoother, predictable, and very well-behaved now... Better ride overall by a huge margin. Anyone here still on the fence about suspension upgrades, listen up: Get off your arse and do it. You will not regret it.

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
The new forks and shock are stupendous. This, by far, is the best bang for the buck I have spent on the FJ. It's completely transformed. So much smoother, predictable, and very well-behaved now... Better ride overall by a huge margin. Anyone here still on the fence about suspension upgrades, listen up: Get off your arse and do it. You will not regret it.
^^This^^ is no exaggeration, in addition, swap out the stock tires to some sticky rubber and you will have died and gone to Heaven. 
The bike handles like a DREAM through corners, it gives you a whole new level of confidence when in "sport" mode.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Installed a new Ermax High light smoke screen.  Cleaned, lubed chain.  Did some polishing.  Keep coming back onto my laptop checking weather.   :'(   Cool, rainy with chance of snow tomorrow........
Sargent Seat will be here Tuesday.  

Sweeeet! Is that a Sargent? How much and exactly what did you order? I want one.
Yes it is a sargent.  It's a world sport performance seat with top stitch, no welt.  DTX with grip zones .  $309.95 US but I got it on a promotion and paid $269.66 plus shipping. 
Feels much better just sitting on it with the bike on the center stand...too much snow here to try it for extended time.  

Got rear-ended on Friday riding home from work on my first commute! Arg! First in line at a red light making a left turn—person behind me lets off their brake and rolls right into the back of me. Bent up the stock fender and plate, knicked the tire, too.

So I'm waiting for an Amazon tail tidy with LED turn signals front and rear and a set of Pilot Road 5s! I also got a bunch of small things: rear spools, Grip Puppies, front preload adjustment knobs, and some extenders for the stock mirrors.

I still need to figure out some weighted bar ends since I removed the stock hand guards, but can't be sure that the threads are correct since no one lists them for the Tracer unless they're universal. Guess I'll just be removing the threaded inserts and going universal: I kinda wanted to find a pair that'll thread right in.