What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

narrowed my choices down...
-Cogent Dynamics carts and basic rear
-pattonme carts and the zx6r (?) rear
-stoltec carts and basic rear 

I plan to do the cart/spring swap myself...

just need it for 50/50 street/track- Im more of a set it and forget it kinda guy...
I've got the ZX rear shock and I like it. I think I'll be doing "forks by Matt" upgrade. My "front end swap" thread pretty well convinced me of that haha!

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
That setup looks good! Kinda wish I'd gone with the black sprocket, but the steel one is growing on me.

I took your suggestion and ordered those axle blocks too after the cheap Chinese adjusters failed on me. The ones you have really look the business, can't wait to get them on the bike this weekend. Thanks for the lead on those. Love all the good intel on this forum.
BTW, was your rear sprocket hard to remove? The nuts on mine were nearly impossible to break loose.
My sprocket replacement was a piece of cake, the nuts came off like normal. 
I got those axle blocks on Ebay about a year ago and cant find them online anymore.  A buddy with an FJ wants a set but we are coming up empty, where did you order yours from?

I purchased mine from eBay 2 weeks ago, the seller was dude0_15. Shipped from the UK.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-Tracer-900-Sport-Tracker-Street-Rally-XSR900-Chain-Adjusters/232712117141?hash=item362eb91b95:g:Q3sAAOSwj85YRvxZ

The same ebay guy does the adjusters in black or gold. I have the black ones and they are great.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
I got those axle blocks on Ebay about a year ago and cant find them online anymore.  A buddy with an FJ wants a set but we are coming up empty, where did you order yours from?

I purchased mine from eBay 2 weeks ago, the seller was dude0_15. Shipped from the UK. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-Tracer-900-Sport-Tracker-Street-Rally-XSR900-Chain-Adjusters/232712117141?hash=item362eb91b95:g:Q3sAAOSwj85YRvxZ
Thank You!! No wonder I couldn't find them, I was searching for "axle block" and he has them listed as "chain adjuster".
My buddy will be happy that they are still available for sale.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I purchased mine from eBay 2 weeks ago, the seller was dude0_15. Shipped from the UK. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-MT-09-Tracer-900-Sport-Tracker-Street-Rally-XSR900-Chain-Adjusters/232712117141?hash=item362eb91b95:g:Q3sAAOSwj85YRvxZ
A little spendy with the conversion rate, but very blingy. I like 'em.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Take a look at the Gilles Tooling ($130) adjusters... $40 doesn't seem too bad lol

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Take a look at the Gilles Tooling ($130) adjusters... $40 doesn't seem too bad lol
Crikey. That's just ludicrous.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

spent more time debating suspension while out doing some riding... Im still 50/50... just wished another FJ-09 lived nearby with the suspension sorted...im not inna hurry to get suspension done now, but will get the suspension kit and tools needed... once june rolls 'round I will have time to fo suspension upgrades...

I did however strike Stoltec off the list choices- hardly any adjustment in the fork shim kit from GP

Cogent- looks like the top choice- I believe the needle adjust is on top for both legs

Forks by matt- my 2nd choice- still unclear on needle adjustment for left leg, is it on the bottom in the axle pinch blocks or on top...

I have to do the cartridge/spring swap myself and a few friends... kinda impossible to find an open suspension shop at 10pm( 3rd shift hours)to drop off forks and pickup in a few hours...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

spent more time debating suspension while out doing some riding... Im still 50/50... just wished another FJ-09 lived nearby with the suspension sorted...im not inna hurry to get suspension done now, but will get the suspension kit and tools needed... once june rolls 'round I will have time to fo suspension upgrades... 
I did however strike Stoltec off the list choices- hardly any adjustment in the fork shim kit from GP

Cogent- looks like the top choice- I believe the needle adjust is on top for both legs

Forks by matt- my 2nd choice- still unclear on needle adjustment for left leg, is it on the bottom in the axle pinch blocks or on top...

I have to do the cartridge/spring swap myself and a few friends... kinda impossible to find an open suspension shop at 10pm( 3rd shift hours)to drop off forks and pickup in a few hours...
@pattonme can correct me if I'm wrong, but Matt's intermediate setup has the compression adjustment on the bottom of the fork. The axle would need to be removed to adjust. Rebound adjustment on top. I believe you can go with his "advanced" setup and get adjustment on top for compression on the left fork. 
Also, Forks by Matt has good prices on "name brand" cartridges too..

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
I have Matt’s fork cartridges and I put the compression screw on the left leg (when sitting on the bike) that way when I adjust the compression I can pull the axle out about 1” to get at the screw without having to remove the entire axle.
With his compression screw, a small adjustment makes a big difference, like from 12 o’clock to 2 o’clock noticeably firms up the front end.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Finally installed a 08 zx10r rear shock. As far as I can tell its a little better at low speeds and is way more confident at high way speeds. I have done at least half of my riding 2 up, so Im really interested to see how it is riding with a passenger on this new shock

Finally installed a 08 zx10r rear shock. As far as I can tell its a little better at low speeds and is way more confident at high way speeds. I have done at least half of my riding 2 up, so Im really interested to see how it is riding with a passenger on this new shock

you'll want to dial-in preload to "negate" your passenger. The '08 spring is only a 90N/mm so it's too light for single-up unless you're <150lbs geared up. The ZX shocks use a standard size spring so go to Summit-Racing (or you favorite EIBACH) supplier and for $70 get the right spring. Depending on how high you go the rebound circuit may be hard-pressed to keep up though... If you want a different color spring (not dark red) you can get suitable items from Ohlins and Hyperpro and Penske.